Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MRP Table

We are having 0 entries in MDTB(MRP Table), not able to identify what caused behind 0 entries in first place, more importantly, how can I repopulate

with data in MDTB table

Current configuration settings

1. In OMDU (Activate MRP & Set up planning file) -> MRP is activated & Planning file entry is setup (for 2 specific plants, program: RMMDVM20).

2. In OMOA (Check storage mode for MRP list) -> Transparent MRP is NOT checked

On foreground:

1. Set up a new material, ran MRP, procurement proposals are created (demand from PIRs) -> Still 0 entries in MDTB

2. In MD02, ran MRP for entire plant --> Still 0 entries in MDTB

Any thoughts how can I have entries populated in MDTB

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Cause:

I reckon you already looked at this note 440016 - No longer any data in MDTB, if not, go ahead and read the note.

From release 4.5A SAP no longer stores the MRP data in MDTB, as it is too inefficient way of storing data. It stores in table MDTC field CLUSTD in compressed format.

But... you can still make it to store in MDTB instead of MDTC if you check the box Transparent MRP in OM0A.

Test:

What you do is check that box in OM0A for one of the plants and then run MRP for one of the material in MD02 and check the table entries in MDTB, you will find entries.

Recommendation:

However, it is not recommended to go for the ancient method of storing MRP list data in transparent table (MDTB) in raw format when you have new technology which stores in compressed format (MDTC-CLUSTD).

1 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question