cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order not to consider Stock or reciept element during CTP

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

GATP Method - CTP

The requirement - Creation of purchase requisition/planned order as soon as  a Scheduling Agreement is saved without consideration of any stock or recieot element.

Present Situation - The planned order/purchase requisition is triggered only when all the stock and purchase requisition is used. Even when I have configured Scope of Check with no Stock or receipt category, still the scheduling agreement is finding the stock and pegging to the same.

I have tried to use Production Directly but it throws an error message.

Can anyone please suggest how to initiate production directly on creation of Scheduling agreement rather being pegged to the exisiting stock?

Regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

frank_horlacher
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

The CTP check does not consider the scope of check from the ATP settings. It uses the PP/DS net requirement calculation. In all cases stock elements will be used.

There is only a characteristic based workaround which is difficult to implement.

You can introduce a characterteristic which allows to peg stock or not. You have to assign the values to the demands and the stock elements.

Now characteristics control the net requirements calculation in PP/DS.

BR Frank

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

As per the below link, CTP is not supported with SD Scheduling agreements. Please check the 'Restrictions' section.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/64/7294375960a42be10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

I am wondering if so, how you are able to get the CTP check for the Scheduling agreements?

But still, if it is supporting, while the ATP call, what is the business event triggered? Please check and reply.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

0 Kudos

Hi DB,

The CTP heuristic looks interesting. I'll get back to you on this.

However my fear is that it wil assigned to PP procedure which is a more global setting. The product in question should not alwways reject stock in some particular cases it needs to consider the stock.

Hi Mani,

The Business Event is 'A'

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

What is the error message when you use 'Production Directly'?

Best Regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getiing a Pop up which just says 'Internal Error'.

Also just FYI, I am using characteristics. 

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Not much to go on.  I will assume that you have already checked ST22 and SM21 logs, and they do not give you enough clues to discover the cause of the error.  The error should never happen, even though 'production directly' is not normally selected.for CTP.

Have you ever done any PP/DS planning in this system before?  What happens when you run your CTP heuristic manually?  What do you see in the planning and scheduling logs?  How about your LiveCache Logs?

Best regards,

DB49

0 Kudos

Hi DB,

We are always able to  resolve the error once we Don't use the 'Production Directly' in the check Instructions. I have also found that one of the prerequisites for using 'production Directly' is that there are some ABAP classes which need to be activated.

However, the main point is that the scheduling agreement should be get peg to the existing stock. It should generate the entire reciept element of it's own.

In the Scope of Check even If I remove all the reciept and stock elements, still the SA is getting pegged to the stock

Can you please suggest me a solution to stop this pegging.

Thx

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

CTP normally works in two steps.  Product check (which is affected by your scope of check), then planning (execute heuristic immediately); and it all takes place during the availability check.  Pegging is part of planning.  Even though the Product check may ignore the stock, the planning process will respect the stock, unless you have made such stock un-available to planning as well.

The reason I asked the previous questions is that for CTP to work as advertised, PP/DS planning must first be flawless.  I have no evidence to indicate that this is true in your system, but I will assume that you have already assured yourself of this fact..

So, the short answer to your question is 'make the FGS stock unavailable'.  One way would be to categorize the stock in question as one of the stock types that are not relevant for planning; such as 'Blocked Stock'.  Another way would be to create a custom CTP heuristic that is designed to ignore available stock.

If your only issue is pegging, you can also 'turn off' dynamic pegging at the Product master.

Best regards,

DB49