cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance in BW 7.3 in HP-UX. SAP Instance errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys.

I thank you in advance for your help.

I've installed the SAP BW 7.3 on HANA DB (SP3). The BW 7.3 stays in a HP-UX 11.31 server, using the Internal disks (RAID 1). The HANA DB stays in a separated HW Appliance (Suse SLES11).

In advance, I followed the SAP Notes 172747 (kernel parameters) and 837670 (OS Patches) during the server preparation.

During the installation I realized a poor performance during the SAR archives decompression. But when the SAP Instances (DVEBMGS00 e ASCS01) were up, the RunAbapReports phase went very fast...

The navigation in the SAP System (SAPGUI) is very slow. I checked some logs and could find the following errors:

dev_ms:[Thr 01] MsSProcOpcode: error processing MS_DEL_LOGON (MSOP_NOTSET)

dev_ms:[Thr 01] -OUT- client 1   name vwbranuvbwhd1_BD1_00                     errno MSOP_OK

dev_rd:*** ERROR => NiIWrite: SiSendV failed for hdl 9/sock 14

dev_rd:*  ERROR       connection to partner 'localhost:0' broken

dev_rd:*** ERROR => GwIConnectHandle GwWrite failed (NIECONN_BROKEN) [gwxxrd.c     8178]

dev_w1:M  *** ERROR => NiPConnect: SiConnect failed for hdl 2/sock 14

dev_w1:M  *** ERROR => EncNiConnect: unable to connect (NIECONN_REFUSED) [encomi.c     446]

dev_w23:M  AdRegisterCvtFunctions( 29(AD_SHUTDOWN_ERROR), 4000000001b90360,4000000001b903d0)

dev_w23:M  *** ERROR => NiPConnect: SiConnect failed for hdl 2/sock 14

dev_w23:M  *** ERROR => EncNiConnect: unable to connect (NIECONN_REFUSED) [encomi.c     446]

dev_w9:E  *** ERROR => EncCliIConnect: failed to connect to enqueue server at vwbranuvbwhd1/sapdp01 through layer EncCli (rc=-7) [enccli.c     1083]

dev_w9:E  *** ERROR => EncCliReq: failed to connect to server [enccli.c     507]

dev_disp:DpMsInfo: opcode MS_DEL_LOGON, error MSOP_NOTSET

dev_disp:DpMsInfo: opcode MS_DEL_LOGON, error MSOP_NOTSET

The profiles are the same that came with the SAPINST, except the DEFAULT, where I enabled the SAP* login and the changed the new client number .

I've been researching along the Forum e SAP Support Notes, and could not find any instruction that could solve, at least, the errors I've listed.

Any suggestion or recomendation is welcome.

Thanks,

Douglas Oliveira

• SAP Managed Tags:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, the problem was solved by:

1. Changed the Filesystem mount option from Concurrent I/O to Buffered I/O. (The SAP recommendations on Note 1077887 are based on Storage Disks, not local disks, with no Cache).
  2. Expand the filecache_min (5% to 10%) and filecache_max (8% to 20%) to create a Cache in the OS
  3. Change fcache_fb_policy from 0 to 1

So the Enqueue process was not the problem, was a sympton. The I/O operations were a normal situation.

When using Local Disks in HP-UX, the Concurrent I/O must not be used.

Thanks for your support.

Douglas Oliveira

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check the enqueue service from the application instance using the below command

ensmon pf=<instance_profile_ASCS>

send a dummy request using the option 1

and see what the output is .

Also check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/c4/8bf43d8184fb34e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, Ratnajit.

The process took some long time to be executed, but finished OK:

(Dummy request executed successfully with rc=0)

Is there any other configuration that could may be leading to the performance issue and connection errors? I could not find anything strange in the Profiles...

Thanks,

Douglas Oliveira

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check with your network team , if the network is behaving intermittently and if there are packet loses while connecting to the message server host .

Regards

Ratnajit