cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve maked and upgrade of Netweaver 7.01 to Netweaver 7.3. After upgrade I cannot configure the TMS configuration.

I´ve deleted and reconfigure the TMS configuration several times but always I get the same error.

In the STMS screen appears that the TMS configuration is inconsistent.

If I go to the import queue I can see this:

I´ve executed the Check> Transport Tool and I get this error:

The error message og RFC Ping is the next:

If I go to redistribute the configuration over the system I get this error message:

What can I try to resolve this error?

Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Go to STMS In menu select Overview->systems then goto Extras and reset TMSADMIN password also you can try deleting the TMSADM destinations and generating them again from the same Extras Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vasudevan,

I´ve reset the User TMSADM and deleted the RFC destinations, and after that I´ve regenerated the RFC destinations but I get the same message error:

No RFC authorization for function module RFCPING.

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please check if the SapserviceSID and SIDADM user has authorization in the /usr/sap folder of the domain controller.

If it is ok in your landscape. Please try the follwoing

Transaction STMS

type DICO Hit Enter

then delete the configuration

Then please try to include in the domain once again.

Please do this (only) Checking with Functional teams

Hope it solves your issue.

Kind Regards,

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacob,

In the path there are the users sidadm and SAPServiceSID.

I´ve deleted the configuration with DICO and recreate the configuration but it´s the same.

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Strange --> every suggestions has been tried out but no luck at all.

Universal solution, shall we try restart of the system at OS level, Please delete the TMS configuration ( Make sure that you are deleting the routes also as a first thing ). Then delete TMS configuration and then Shut down the instance --> Restart the system at OS level.

Now configure --> TMS as local domain controller (Hope DIR_TRANS parameter is pointing out locally and not a common transport directory).

If its worked out lets see, else will look for some other options

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio/Vijay,

I will ask some very basic questions.Which system of your landscape has been updated??Dev/QAS/Production or is it the entire landscape.

Next is this system be your domain controller.

Finally did the upgrade involve hardware migration or <SID> change (though least likely).Was it previously non-unicode ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vijay,

I´ve deleted the configuration and restarted the server. Once time make this, I´ve maked the configuration.

More thanks to everyone.

I don´t understand what is the cause that I couldn´t configure the TMS, I think that the problem was a mistake with the permissions to write or access to bin directory.

0 Kudos

How to resolve it? I face the same issue...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Also since you are getting a TP error .Please try the below command and paste the logs.

tp CONNECT SID pf=\\server\sapmnt\trans\bin\TP_DOMAIN_SID.PFL

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Also check if the profile S_A.TMSADM has the following objects.

S_CTS_ADMI

S_DATASET

S_DEVELOP

S_PATH

S_RFC

S_TRANSPRT

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Have you checked if the profiles contain the necessary objects for performing the connectivity.

Even though it has sap_all or S_A.TMSADM profile they might not contain the required authorization objects.

You can compare the profiles with the profiles on a system on which TMSADM is working  and see if they contain any different objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

login to 000 client enter stms transaction then go to Extras menu---> click on Delete TMS Configuration.

Use /ndico tcode in stms screen to delete TMS.

it will delete TMS configuration.

Now again configure TMS. go to se06 click on perform post installation actions.

then enter stms and configure stms.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venkat for your answer,

This steps I´ve done several times.

The transaction dico, doesn´t work. I´ve Netweaver 7.3.

I´ve deleted the TMS in the STMS transacction, after I´ve gone to SE06 and choose post installation actions, in this step I get a popup for introduce the password of TMSADM user. The system was and homogeneous system copy and after that I´ve done an upgrade to NW 7.3.

I´ve put the password for TMSADM user and I get the error of The distribution of configuration PCT it´s not possible.

The rfc TMSADM@SID.DOMAIN_SID TMSSUP@SID.DOMAIN_SID was deleted and created with the delete of TMS configuration, the TMSADM user is in the security tab, and test conection is correct.

What can I do?

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

ok do one thing.

delete TMS as i mensioned above in stms tcode and go to os level usr/sap/trans/bin-- delete domain config file and tp files.

then start again fresh. this should work.

Thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same problem.

I´ve deleted the TMS configuration and the files under usr/sap/trans/bin, after that I´ve repeated the different steps but I get the same and now only have one file under usr/sap/trans/bin.

What can I try now?

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check TMSADM is not locked in client 000. Provide SAP_ALL to the TMSADM temporarily . Set the password of TMSADM in 000.

Try configuring the STMS and also if required set the TMSADM password in TMSADM RFC .

You can use the standard new password.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnajit,I get the same error

In the TMS Alert viewer appears this messages

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if the /etc/hosts file are updated properly and also check if /usr/sap/trans has proper permission.

Check if user TMSADM in client 000 is not locked .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ratnajit,

In the file hosts appears the FQDN with the correct ip, and the the user sidadm and SAPServiceSID, can read and write in the path usr/sap/trans

The user TMSADM isn´t locked.

When I delete the TMS configuration and go to SE06 I´ve two optios Standard Installation and Database Copy or Database Migration.The system is and Homogeneous system copy with the backup/restore method.What option I´ve to select?

Many thanks

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to select database copy or migration.

Also provide full permission to directories under /usr/sap/trans

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, It´s the option that I´ve selected.

The path have the group SAP_LocalAdmin where the users sidadm and SAPServiceSID are included.

This is correct,no?

I´ve executed the commands R3trans.exe -d and tp.exe connect SIDDB and I get this output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the logs, I could notice that there must be some problems in the secure storage. Could you please check that as well?

Orelse, please check the RFC of TMS (Authorisation test ) -> If you are getting name or password is incorrect - I would suspect that it must be a problem with the secure storage.

ALso ensure that the transcation secstore --> execute --> all should  state as green.

Regards

Vijay

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Please follow the sap note:

Note 1532825 - Deleting SECSTORE entries during system export/system copy

Also check if you can import the profiles from active application server from RZ11.

This will solve your error.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vijay,

The authorization test is failed and I get the error No RFC authorization for function module RFCPING.

In the secstore the RFC is on green status.

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Check if you can import the profiles from active application server from RZ11.

Then Delete the STMS configuration and recreate it again.

This will solve your error.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

As suspected, this must be a secstore problem..

Can you please go to the transcation SECSTORE --> and execute it ..

Please paste the output..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The output of secstore is

The 1532825 - Deleting SECSTORE entries during system export/system copy was realized after the copy but I´ve problems during the TMS configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sargan,

I´ve followed this note after the system Copy.

And the profiles will be imported correctly.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide TMSADM user S_A.TMSADM authorization profile and check if that resolves the issue. If you still have authorization issue , temporarily assign SAP_ALL profile till the TMS configuration is completed.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The user TMSADM have the S_A.TMSADM authorization, and I´ve assigner the SAP_ALL, but I get the same error:

Errors during the distribution of tp configuration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

Might be a non sense suggestion , but let we try this one as well,

Can you reset the password of TMSADM ( Password must be in capital letter ) and update the same in RFC's. Then please do check the same of RFCPING status.

Note : I had similar kind of issue earlier - this did the trick indeed. So, I am just wanted you try this as well

Regards

Vijay