cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether Webdynpro screen elements are dependent on screen resolution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone !

I would like t share this concern that I have created one webdynpro application .

I was checking out the size of the UI elements and effect of the screen resolution

on them.

When I increased the screen resolution the I didnt get the vertical scroll bar on the View in the browser

as all the UI element  were visible on the page and the size of the UI element got changed as per the screen resolution.

When I decreased the screen resolution I got one vertical scroll bar as the UI element didnt fit into screen.

And because of the  effect of resolution the screen elements were looking bigger (as happens on changing the resolution).

As per my observation I would like to confirm that whether size and width of the UI elements is depenedent on the screen resolution

or not.

And how the stuff Works

Please share your views with me and let me know the correct answer.

Thanks and Regards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anusha,

The apparent size of UI Elements does change with screen resolution and also with changes to the browser text size (e.g., by pressing ctrl + and ctrl -). Increasing the resolution of your screen makes more pixels available across the fixed dimensions of the screen, increasing dots-per-inch. Decreasing resolution does the opposite, decreasing dots-per-inch. Let's say a UI Element is drawn using 10×10 pixels. It will appear smaller relative to a display having 1024×768 pixels and larger relative to a display having 640×480 pixels.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thanks for such a prompt and helpful reply.

I also observed the same. I think since the change in resolution affects the element size hence sap provides scroll bar when the screen size changes so that all the elements shall be visible.

🙂

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)