cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing *s from Barcode value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me to find a solution on this issue.

I was aked to remove the the starting and ending * character from my barcode value(the one below barcode) in adobe print form. But what I found in transaction SFP is, under field value, the start char and end char are defaulted to value '*'. Does anyone has a solution for this?

Regards

Sumi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure which type of barcode are you using.

But if you are using Codabar barcode in your form, then did you try this:

Go to object palette of your barcode and under field tab you will find the start and end char. That might be the place *s are coming from. Remove them from there and place appropriate values there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nithin.

I tried to change the Start and End Char in field tab but it says 'The parameter is incorrect' and returns the value '*' again.  Can you help me to find the appropriate value(other than *) for these fields ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumi,

I tried using the CODABAR barcode as discussed above, but I am also not able to change the values.

The only values it takes (in Field Tab of the Object palette of the var code) in Start Char and End Char is either '*' or any alphabet between a to z.

Anyways I will keep on trying and if i find a solution then I will let you know.

**Please reward if you find this answer as useful or helpful.

Rgds,

Nitin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumi Girijan wrote:

Thank you Nithin.

I tried to change the Start and End Char in field tab but it says 'The parameter is incorrect' and returns the value '*' again.  Can you help me to find the appropriate value(other than *) for these fields ?

Hi Sumi

If you feel that you have got the answer, kindly mark it as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I didn't get a solution for this thread yet. Still I am closing this, as a conclusion that the beginning and ending fields in Barcode values needs to be either * or any value between a and z. Thank you Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad to help you.. not sure though.. but if you come across anything related to the barcode.. please post it here so that all of us can be benefitted.

Rgds,

Nitin.