cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALert Cat- Conatainer Elements are not filled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am raising an Alert using a UDF by calling SALERT_CREATE FM in my mapping, and I have defined the Container Elements SXMS_MSG_GUID & SXMS_ERROR_CODE in the ALERTCATDEF,But when the Alert is raised, these Variables are not filled, It says <SXMS_ERROR_CODE>no error code found....any pointers on this... its a Non-BPM scenario.Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

pelase see the below links

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Regards

Chilla..

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check by enabling the dynamic check in the alert properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for the replies,

I am on PI 7.0 SP.7, and I am filling my Container Variable in the UDF like <ELEMENT>&SXMS_FROM_INTERFACE&.

And moreover How would i select the Elemnt name while creating Container Elements, I can only Select the ABAp Data Dict Type right....?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

John,

Are you triggering the Alert using the RFC from an mapping inside the BPM?

A few of the Runtime variables are not available inside the BPM's SOAP header.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member192798
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Which Service Pack are you in currently.

You should not type the container elements. There is an icon where you can fetch it. Also check the corresponding data type for the container element. If you are using a wrong data type, which is not valid for that container element, you might face problems.

Check Note : 947738 to solve this issue. Also check Troubleshooting Note specifically 913858.

Regards.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

John,

Are you filling the container variables inside your UDF ?

Have look at this weblog..

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

Anand