cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM workflow - tracking workflow records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requirement:

Monitoring tool need to pull information about MDM workflow status details. It needs information including following error flag, error description at record level

does workflow out of box tables/logs store this information. Please let me know what are my options?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Subin,

Workflow status is always stored in its history.

So you can view Error log and error description etc in Workflow history.

If you want to automate the process then you might require to design custom program which would extract error flag and description from Workflow history and display them.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush. do you know which a2i table stores workflow history?

we use tivoli monitoring tool. it has db agent to pull info from DB. so we dont have to do any customisation.

we also have a complex requirement from monitoring team to report SLAs for fixing this error records. i.e. if there is an error flag for at record level in wofklow history, if i can update the flag to good once same records are fixed, db agent can poll that status change and calculate SLAs.

Let me know your suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subin,

I am not sure if i would be able to provide you the exact information but i think below information would be helpful:

Database structure of SAP MDM is such that all database tables and fields created for a repository can be found under database name <Repository Name>_M000.

A2i_CM_Tables list downs all the tables in the Repository. It also provides Table ID for each table. This table ID could be used to see the fields of the table under A2i_CM_Fields. Now to see the values of the table, you need to go to A2i_X_Text where X is Table ID of table you want to see.

So in your case you would require to check the table ID used for Workflow table and then act as per your requirement. But generally it is not advisable to directly change any data at Database level as it might have adverse effects during repository restart etc..

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush.

I dont intend to do direct update in A2i tables. It will be just read only. To meet complex requirement, my validation workflow will 'assign' error flag to record to which failed. during correction load, it will do a match and merge the good and bad record and syndicate out.

Alternatively, i thought of having Tivoli reading workflow logs. Do you have idea how much detail workflow log? how much it will be helpful?...i can use it to trigger an error event.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Subin,

I have not worked on Tivoli so i won't be able to help you on that part.

If your assignment is assigning error flag at record level, then you can directly monitor records in the repository and include match and merge step in the workflow and then clear the error flag by running simple assignment.

I am not sure how much descriptive Workflow logs would be as i have not worked on it personally.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Answers (0)