Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0: Agent Determination at Workflow task level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are on SRM 4.0.

We are using SC workflow. About 20 agents for Task TS 10008126 were maintained in OOCU.

Now my Q, what is the system behavior if a person who is not on the Agent list for that task is added as an approver?

Will it error out or will it pick some other approver?

Is there a way(log) to find what system did to determine the approver in case above happens? I can know who it determined by looking into the container.

But is there a log left which tells why it chose someone in such cases?

Regards,

Sushil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil.

I case the agent don't have permission to the task the WFL will error out. You will see this in the WFL log at SWI6/1

What system did to determine the agent? Well it depends on the WFL that you use. If you use Badi WFL then is your Badi that determines the approvers. If is one or two step approval  then system take teh line manager of the requestor as approvers.

Cheers,

Melina

PS.: If this helps you , please assign the concerning points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you reply.

In my case, the Badi determined user Y as approver. But Y is not maintained as an agent for the task. So system has internally assigned to it Agent X. I need to know how it determined X. Because it wont call the BADI. Even if it calls the Badi, it will get Y again.

So is there a log to find out what made system choose X when Y was not setup as an agent for Task in OOCU.

Please share your ideas.