Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer not defined for sales area

former_member211668
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is very basic question but i am not able to rectify it. Details I am telling you-

My customer is 11 and material is 1439.

Sales org-AB, Div-AB, Distribution channel-AB .

I have defined common distribution channel and common division. Also in OVR1 and OVR2, I have defined

Now, when I am creating Sales order then I am getting error that- Sold to party not defined for sales area AB AB 14.

My question is after defining everything why this error is coming? In error message what is 14?

How to resolve this problem? Please help me. Its urjent

Thanks.

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

former_member212699
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil kumar !

1) create customer in your sales area that is ab,ab,ab

2) assigh order types to sales area

former_member207059
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

These are all small mistakes we tend to do.

1. Pls check the Sales Area of the Customer and Material which you have created.

2. It is not required to do any Config in OVAZ. This is required if you want to restrict few Sales Order Types for certain Sales Area. If not, all Order Types are available for all Sales Areas.

3. Pls check the Dist Channels and Divisions you have under your Sales Org - AB. I hope there is a Division - 14 under your Sales Org and the Common Division Assignment is not done correctly in T. Code - VOR2.

4. As said by Amit, you might have entered different Division in VA01 Initial Screen while creating Sales Order.

These are the possible reasons.

If you still want more details, pls share the list of Dist Channel and Division which you have assigned under your Sales Org - AB. So that i can guide you with the Assignment of VOR1 & VOR2.

Rgds,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nikhil,

As you said you have sales area AB-AB-AB and you created customer for that.

1. Just see if you have entered correct sales area at the time of creating order.

2. Make sure you have mentioned correct entries in OVAZ for assigning sales order type to the sales area AB-AB-AB.

I think you have created customer for sales area AB-AB-AB and while creating order may be you have entered AB-AB-14

Just make sure that the sales area is correct.

Regards

Amit

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

here 14 is you division m, check the customer details . here customer sales area , AB AB AB

Sales area,

check the material master , in material master details , here which division is enter , at basic data views,

and also check when you enter the VA01, what area the sales area you enter , like

sale org, distribution, division

please check all this settings

and revert back 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,,

Please check the entered material in sales order, created under which division..???

Regards,

Patchala.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Please once again check in VOR1 and VOR2 Transaction, I think 14 is Distributional channel or else Divission.

Thanks,

Naren K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create the customer in the sales area AB/AB/AB in XD01. and then try creating the order for that sales area. Please check  and revert

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check VOR1 and VOR2 again. Also create a new customer and material in AB/AB/AB ( hope you are working in IDES) and check again. Please revert back if needed.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Did you create customer in that sales area?

when ever you were not creating Customer in particular Sales area by that time that type error you will getting ok

Please create Customer in that sales area or else extend it.

Thanks,

Naren K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I think the customer 11 does not exist in the sales area AB AB 14.

Please extend the customer to AB AB 14 using XD01

Thanks

Venkat

former_member211668
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry Sir,

After extending also i am facing same problem. I created new customer 16, again facing same problem. One more doubt what is 14 here,? My sales area is AB, AB, AB.

Request you all plz dont feel irritate. I know its very basic question.

Thanks.