cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webi truncating and rounding up values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have a webi on a Bexx Query where data is populating fine on Webi the only issue is it is truncating decimal figures and rouding up values.

In bexx we have set as 2 decimal for that calulated keyfigure when we are executing Bexx in rsrt data is appaering fine but when i am checking on webi level it is trucating decimal values.

For eg.

In Bexx we are getting:

In Webi it is turning out as:

Our envieonment is SAP BI7.3 & BO4.0 Build 565

Please help.

Thanks,

Prateek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this based on a MDX olap .unv Universe?   It sounds very much like the bXML 'flattening' problem we used to get in the MDXINTERFACE

Also, What's your SP and Patch level ?   Most customers are on SP02 Patch2.17/18/19 or SP04

Regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

our Env. on BOXI 4.0  Build 565, the universe is created on MDX olap.unv.

currently we have a workaround for this problem but not sure why this universe behaving in this  way?

rest of the olap .unv are behaving properly in the system.

Any suggestion.

thanks,

Prateek

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it seems you are on BI4.0 SP2 patch 2.10, this seems to be something we fixed in Patch 2.12

the advice is to install Patch 2.19 or SP04 as Henry suggested

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simone,

Thanks for your responce i agree on your suggestion.....however can you please provide me the official location where i can can relevent information of this new patch.......as i have to convince my businees here for the suggested patch.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Download the patch from http://service.sap.com/support

Software Downloads --> SAP Business Objects download --> A-Z index

For new builds go to "Installtion and upgrades".

For Patches go to "Support Patches and Packages"

Select "E" --> and the flavor for your OS, download the patch...

(Support Packages and Patches - E" SBOP BI platform (former SBOP Enterprise)" SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0)

there will be a "Info" link select that and you can download readme/fixed issue list for each patch released by SAP.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information i got BO BI 4.0 SP04 PAM at the link you have suggested but there is no information regarding the fix Simone discussed above....

Former Member
0 Kudos

PAM is for information on supported platform.

In case you are looking for issues fixed with-in SP04

you can try @ http://help.sap.com/bobip

Look for What's New/Support Package and Feature Pack Known and Fixed Issues

May be you may get something in this.

Thanks,

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

At the Universe Level if you have access right click on the object and select object format. In the next window that pops up select number and set the desired format. You should be able to get correct result on the report.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tauseef

i have checked all the format are perfect.......

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the cell where it is truncating...>>format number>> and select a number format wich has desired number of decimal places.

Thanks,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Data is rounding up on universe level, if i preview data in universe designer there already the data got truncated(rounding up).....e.g. (.4) is 0. format number techniques will come under picture when i run query and get the data on webi level.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

DId you try running the query in webi and use the techniques suggested in this post ?

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should analyze the object format in the universe, be sure to define the format you need.

Once done so you will have by default that format whenever creating new documents, for already created ones you will need to remove than add again the object or manually format it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, It is an olap universe hence the format are perfectly populated....i have checked manually also......

manesh_ks
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi prateek,

Could you please check whether formatting number in webi is solving your issue (FormatNumber([Total Earnings];"#,##.##").

If data from universe itself is truncated, then please check in universe or in BW backend. pls check the below link if useful.

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/147756-102-1-316890/How%20to%20troubleshoo...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manesh

Thanks for your comments ....however format number technique will work on webi report but in my case data already got trucated when i receive data at query level, i am not getting decimal places there....

when i preview data on query panel level i surprised data already got trucated and rounded up.......

also the note you have mentioned "1633215" in the pdf does not exist or under internal purpose only.........

Can you please provide me some details related to this note ?Is this patch is already appliedon  BI 7.3 etc?