cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open stock in project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Evening PS Gurus,

User informed that, they were able to close the project though there was open stock in project (which came to Purchase order). I am able to see that stock in MMBE & MB51.

Question: how can we close the project when there is open project stock

When I tried with same scenario , project & PO --> MIGO . Stock in MMBE & MB51

I was not able to close the project as I got error WBS balance is not zero, as there is cost on that WBS.

Please help

Thanks & Regards

MM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi menaka,

1. whether stock is valuated or non valuated it will not allow you to closed the project or wbs element if there is some open stock on it.without consuming the stock you can't able to closed that project. it will gives you error every time you try to cloase the project.

2. this senario is not possible i think you miss some thing. without  changing it status to rel it will not allowed you to transfer the material from one project to another project. with the help of mvt type 415q you can able to tranfer posting from one project to another project..

if you put some screenshots it will be great help for us to give you a more better solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Many Many Thanks for the response J

The project A which has open stock was created in year 2009 & closed in year 2010.

For project A, I changed the status from CLSD to TECO & try to close it said warning message. Message number KO505

The project B which has open stock & I am unable to close the project, which in created 2012. I am unable to close the projectB as there is error message. Message number KO115

Conclusion:

Project B will not allow user to close the project if there is any open stock, as it will through error message.

Project A did allow to close the project in year 2010 as the message type was kept as warning message

Question:

Where can I see those change documents I mean when the warning message was changed to error message. (i.e from KO505 to KO115)

Please help

Thanks & regards

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranav, Tushar,Mahendra / PG gurus,

Many thanks for the quick response.

Sorry guys I hope my question was not clear

Question 1: Can project have open stock though it’s in closed status (material was taken with purchase order & MIGO was done)

I have a situation where in project has open stock for material A & that project is in closed status. Material A was taken with purchase order & MIGO was done, the same can be seen in MMBE & MB51

Question 2: As I have situation with the project has open stock & the project is in closed status.  How to transfer the stock from that project to other project (apart changing the status from closed to TECO & REL)

I request you to kindly answers above two questions

Thanks & Regards

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your questions are still not clear. I presume that you wanted to ask questions like

1. Project was closed still project stock exists. Material procured and received into project stock from exteranl vendor using PO & MIGO.

System does not allow to set close status if project stock exists. Check some one might have moved out of project stock to plant stock or transferred to another project and subsequently project status might have set Closed status.

2. To your second question, I not clear under TECO status goods movement might not be allowed.

You have to reverse the status back to REL. I remember in my previous project with TECO status PGI was not allowed.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Menaka,

1. Project can have open stock despite of status CLSD (Closed),(Ur system config seems so).

2. Remove the status CLSD and then issue the material and settle it.

a. Select project-> Edit->Status->Close->Undo.

Hope this will suffice your requirement.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question 1: Can project have open stock though it’s in closed status (material was taken with purchase order & MIGO was done)

Ans. Here I assume open stock= project stock lying at storage locations. If you have Valuated project stock, you can not close project. If you have valuated project stock, then you can not close the project. While if you have non-valuated stock, you can close the project.

Question2: As I have situation with the project has open stock & the project is in closed status.  How to transfer the stock from that project to other project (apart changing the status from closed to TECO & REL)

Ans. If it is non-valuated stock, I thnk you should be able to do transfer irrespective of status.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra.

In my last project we have non-valuated stock. In this scenario also system does not allow to close the project if project stock exits. We used to transfer the stock then only system allows to set CLSD status.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

where in SPRO i need to check? in OBA5 or any where else.

Pls help

Thanks

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM,

Check in OBA5. Enter KO in Application area.

(SPRO -> Logistics - General -> Agency Business ->Basic settings -> Message control by user)

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.check project stock ME2J.

2. Settle all wbs with cj88

a. check error messages there.

3. Check commitment amount and its detail by cji5.

post here back.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check CJI3 report for the WBS which you are trying to close and check if all the costs has been settled against this WBS.

If cost is not settled, you need to settle cost through CJ88 and then you can try closing the WBS.

Secondly, it is not possible to close the Project when there is open Project stock against it.

Hence you need to move available stock from project stock to own stock through MB1B.

Once you do this, you can try closing the WBS.

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the stock 'valuated' or 'non-valuated'. If it valuated then you will not be able to close the project.

Please check again.

Regards,

Mahendra