Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles cant transported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have issue related roles. I want to give access of t code cje5 to on particular user. So I have created new role on development assign that t code in new role. When I transported this request. That changes doesn`t apply on production. At time of creating request I have select or deselected Personalization check box still that roll is not shown on production. How can this is possible.

Please help me out. And suggest me any solution.

Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Amit.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would check the following:

- Have you created the transport properly (right role contents, right target systems etc (if applicable))?

- Does the transport import log show that transport was OK and that there were no errors on import?

- If you have changed a parent role have you distributed the change to the child role and transported that?

If you are comfortable that the role has been created right and put into the tpt properly then ask your Basis team to investigate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Open the role in that go to 'user' tab

click on user comparison button then select complete comparison then save it

then only changes will applied to that users

make sure in that role authorizations and user tabs should be in green color .

try this  then only changes will take effect to the user.

check the destination of the Transport request on which import queue that request is going .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably you didn't create the transport right. Try it this way:
In your dev system go to PFCG and type the role name, now click on the transport button, check the 2 boxes regarding the profile and singles/composites. Release the transport and follow your change process to have the TR imported in QA>PROD.

Your role sholud be there, if it isn't. check the transport log:

Go to tcode SE01, type the transport number and hit display. If it tells you the transport doesn't exist, then it means your basis team has not imported it yet, check with them first.

If the transport is there it'll show you the details. Now on that screen click on the transport number and then hit the button "transport logs"

In there you'll see if there was an error while importing the request and the details of the error so you can correct it. Basically a RC=0 means it was improted successfully and RC=8 is an error.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Before releasing the TR for role, please the TR details,

check whether role in included in that transport or not.

Expand the TR , Role name have to be included under Role tab

Regards

Deepak