Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Goods confirmation through Roles in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are using SRM 5.0 , ECS with SAP ECC 600 as backend. Our requirement is :

1 ) Remove the authorization to carry out goods confirmation reversal from certain SRM users

We tried this by removing 'delete' and 'Change' authorization from the authorization object 'BBP_PD_CNF' (SRM: Confirmation in EBP) , Field name 'ACTVT'

but still we are able to reverse or delete the confirmations in SRM . Can we not achieve this through roles ?

2) Since through central receipt role , you can do confirmation for POs not even created in SRM( ie. you can even do a confirmation for POs directly created in backend ECC system ) ,we want to restrict this so that confirmation for only SRM POs are allowed.

We tried by restricting this by purchase groups from the authorization object 'BBP_PD_CNF' (SRM: Confirmation in EBP) , Field Name : BBP_PURGRP ,

i.e. I have entered only the purchase groups in SRM here . For example , 100-110 .But still the system allows carrying out confirmations for PO outside this Purchase group range of 100- 110 . I am missing anything here ? Do we need to enter the organization ID of these purchase groups instead of the reference purchase group in the backend system ?

Please help.

Regards,

Saurav Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please reply to this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurav,

For your Issue 1: You would like to have certain users not to perform Reversal of the Goods Receipt. the way you explain is exactly the right approach but instead of removing authority in BBP_PD_CNF - ACTVT for delete and change please remove 85 - Reverse  and 87 - Return authorization. Please refer the note Note 1409181 - Problem due to Authorisation in Display confirmation which refers the same issue when this activity is not checked user should get the error.

For your Issue 2: You would like to restrict user to see PO's created in SRM during BBPCF03. This can be achieved through BADI BBP_WF_LIST with filter type BUS2203. Please refer to following Link for details explanation of BADI and sample code. http://scn.sap.com/message/3088787#3088787

Hope this helps resolve your issue.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Ritesh

For your Issue 1: Please note that I can only see the below options in BBP_PD_CNF - ACTVT  ::

01    Create or generate

02    Change

03    Display

06    Delete

33    Read

G7    Reverse

I have removed everything other than 01 ( create or generate ) and 03 ( display ) but I am still able to reverse the confirmatoins posted.

For Issue 2 : Thanks for it but I would like to know why cannot we restrict by purchase groups ?

In the authorization object for the responsible role , I have specified only the purchase groups which are used in SRM but still I am allowed to do a confirmation for POs created directly in ECC ( with purchase groups other than specified in the role ) ?

Thanks in advance !

SA