cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BrTools not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In one of our system brtools is not working and giving the following error. None of the brtools function is working at present...plz help me to resolve this issue

BR0051I BRBACKUP 7.00 (13)

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for 'C:\Oracle\product\10.2.0\database\initPR0.s

ap' at location BrInitSapRead-1

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

BR0159E Error reading BR*Tools profile C:\Oracle\product\10.2.0\database\initPR0

.sap

BR0056I End of database backup: bdupiqdi.log 2007-02-13 21.06.38

BR0280I BRBACKUP time stamp: 2007-02-13 21.06.38

BR0054I BRBACKUP terminated with errors

###############################################################################

BR0292I Execution of BRBACKUP finished with return code 3

BR0668I Warnings or errors occurred - you can continue to ignore them or go back

to repeat the last action

BR0280I BRTOOLS time stamp: 2007-02-13 21.06.38

BR0670I Enter 'c[ont]' to continue, 'b[ack]' to go back, 's[top]' to abort:

With regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

the BRTOOLS look up the BRTOOLS-profile (init<SID>.<b>sap</b>) in the same directory where also the DB-profile (init<SID>.<b>ora</b>) should be found.

This directory is %ORACLE_HOME%/database on Windows systems and $ORACLE_HOME/dbs on the UNIX/Linux system.

From the error message you posted:

BR0252E Function fopen() failed for 'C:Oracleproduct10.2.0databaseinitPR0.s
ap' at location BrInitSapRead-1

it's obvious, that the ORACLE_HOME environment-variable is either not set at all or set wrong.

Please set the variable to match your installation - then the BRTOOLS will work.

Beside:

C:Oracleproduct10.2.0

is the standard Oracle path for installing the software but not the SAP recommendation.

SAP recommends to have a whole software setup for each single database instance to reduce dependencies. The SAP-recommended Oracle-Home path would therefore look like this (example):

c:oracle<b><SID></b>102_32

or

c:oracle<b><SID></b>920_64

depending on the Oracle version and bitcount used.

Another besides: BRBACKUP 7.00 (13) is outdated. Build (22) is already available and many enhancements have been made.

Take the advantage and use the current version!

Best regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Thanx a ton for information given by you....my brtools issue is resolved after resetting the path in Enviroment variable..:)). As per your information about the Oracle home path. Also, i'm not able to take backup through DB13...is it necessary to change volume of the TAPE as per init<SID>.sap.

Once again thanx a lot for your help...:))

With regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry Lars to correct you,

you may be right for the Unix installations, but as long as we are on Windows the SAP recommendation is

c:\oracle\SID\920

or

c:\oracle\SID\102

not depending on bitcount at all.

regards

Peter

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

yep - you're right. Obviously I too often work on Unix/Linux DBs...

No reason to be sorry about

Thanks and best regards,

Lars

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please check , whether the file "initPR0.sap" is located at the mentioned path or not ?

I think your sap system on windows O/S. If you find the all init files in other location in your system, please replace them in the directory "'C:\Oracle\product\10.2.0\database".

Shut down sap and also oracle. Then restart oracle and sap. Then your profiles will be take effect from the above location.

I hope this will help you

Regards

Upender Reddy