Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spc point unsuppress

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am using MII 12.2.3 (179)

When I log in as a super admin I can freely suppress and unsuppress points on an SPC chart

When I log in as a normal user I can suppress points, but I can't unsuppress them.  The menu option is there, if I click it there is no error message, but the point remains suppressed.  In the Java console I see

appGraph [ERROR] - java.lang.exception: Insufficient permission for operation

Obviously some sort of security problem, is it a bug, or is my SAP_XMII_User role missing a privilege?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The ability to have Role based control over Point Suppression and Point Comments (just a checkbox in the display template before) was added in 12.2:  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mii122/helpdata/en/4c/c9ad33785c7181e10000000a15822d/content.htm

In addition you have the QualityPortal database tables to persist the records, which is controlled by a UME Action: XMII_QualityPortal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Needless to say the UME bit isn't mentioned anywhere in the help....

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately so, but somewhat ironic that we are talking about 'Quality' in/of the help...

In prior releases the QualityPortal database was external and used a data server, so the security was like any other connection, but this UME Action set handles the base connection now.

Answers (0)