cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM in ThirdParty Warehouse Business

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client is a Logistics Service Provider with Storage facilty across globe. It handles 20 Customer stocks in the warehouse. Now Client is planning to implement EWM in the warehouse. It handles 20 customers and in that 10 are already using SAP and 10 others are on Non- SAP.

My question is:  How to connect SAP EWM to these 20 Customers ERP system? and How will be the interface setting from each Customer's ERP system to my EWM system?

As per my knowledge , I create 20 plants and storage locations for these Customers and assign them to my EWM warehouse in ERP-EWM interface to have different stock types for these customers.

From Interface point of view, I do set-up ALE settings with QRFC for 10 SAP Customers.  For Non-SAP Customers I will have IDOC  interface with EWM system.

And Custodian will be my EWM warehouse where as Party entitiled to dispose are 20 Customers.

Can I assign Default Pty Entld to my EWM warehouse?

Does anybody have more idea?

I really appreciate your replies or practical expereince.

Regards,

Jothiswaran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

in one warehouse you have 20 customers?

"Can I assign Default Pty Entld to my EWM warehouse?"

Then you do NOT assign any "Default Pty Entld".

You will probably need to enhance the interfaces for the incoming messages and master data to take care of any overlaps (like same numbers, names, etc).

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your reply. The client is basically a third party warehouse which offers storage service for many customers. I told approximate figure 20 customers.  Then my client will charge for the storage space utilized each month and VAS activities performed for the same if any.  Can you please provide me your valuable inputs how we can map this to SCM EWM I am interested especially from visibility of different customer stocks in EWM.

Regards,

Jothi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For 3rd party Non SAP system , EANCOM with SAP PI can be used to interface.

Anymore ideas ?