Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shikha,

Per my knowledge the only way to reduce the message size is with asynchronous messages and you need to do "outside" of the development and it's not possible to do dinamically as Michal points. You could check the point 3.2.4 in this document.

Regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

>>>Per my knowledge the only way to reduce the message size is with asynchronous messages and you need to do "outside" of the development and it's not possible to do dinamically as Michal points.

simple multimapping message split does the job perfectly - I've done this several times

so for sure it's possible and it does the exact think which might be required here

>>>You could check the point 3.2.4 in this document.

this point however mentiones only message packaging - which has nothing to do with "visible" message splitting as messages are split internally only - you cannot use those split messages which I believe is the reason for the question,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michal....my requirement is to split a huge number of messages with a fixed message size limit eg 5 MB...so i think your solution will work for me!!!

Thanks for the helpful and much needed response!!

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Can we do the message split of 5 MB (or any size) in SOAP Adapter in PI 7.1/

we cannot do the split on the basis of size but what you can do is to do a multimapping message based split

so from one big message you can create multiple smaller ones (and if you know how many records will make up 5 mb - like 1000 records for example - than you can do this split with around 5MB)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/content.htm

this works for all JAVA stack adapters (so also for SOAP)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk