cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ECC 6.0 upgrade with out Add-on C-CEE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Currently we are doing ecc 6.0 upgrade, we have 4.7c systems runnning in 2 tracks ( Project and Operation track). Some yearsbefore one of our colleagues installed C-CEE addon in (Our sys name is KD8) DEV system of Project track, later they find out this add on no longer useful. So they not applied the addon in any of the system in the landscape.

Now we started Upgrade, tried to remove the addon from KD8, and stuck as shadow instance not able to start, after the analysis we found that we cannt skip the addon during the upgrade. So restarted the upgrade from scratch with C-CEE, refered the sap note 936843,

now my question is what about all the other system in my landscape which dont have add on C-CEE? one system with C-CEE, rest of entire landscape dont have C-CEE. will that cause any inconsistency in my other system upgrade?

or after the upgrade any inconsistency happen in transport at all?

Please guide.

Thanks,

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Not really a good scenario and superfically your systems will be inconsistent with this approach. But I doHowever won't be a major concern in general with the possible exception of SPAU/SPDDeven there it is a minor issue.

Suppose standard objects belonging to this add-on were changed and were never adjusted previosuly using SPAU/SPDD (in the past) SPAU/SPDD will  try to capture these changes in the transport. Now if you try to import this transport during QAS,PRE-prod,Prod upgrades it will bomb because those objects would be missing but for the rest it would go through ideally.

However most important part. I would strogly recommend discussing with SAP.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks, But I found sap note 936843, mentions that C-CEE will not modify any standard sap components. and also mention not required any spau/spdd actions,

hence i thought it wont make any problem in other systems. Please guide more.

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HelloJansi,

I meant changes made by developers to standard objects delivered by add-on not changes made by add-on to existing standard objects.

If such changes have been made you should ensure that they not get acted upon during SAPU/SPDD in DEV and therefore aren't recorded else the transport will bomb.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Sorry, I got confused, Now clear.

So what we can do now, update all the other system also with C-CEE addon?

no other way?

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jansi,

Well that would be an ideal scenario in an ideal world but we don't live in a one. Asi sad SAPu/SPDD error can be avoided if done carefully. However your landscape would be inconsistent and it not a good thing.

I think you should have a word with SAP immediately.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks, I check out.

Regards,

Jansi

Answers (0)