cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE30 for FI and COPA Reconciliation purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My clients wants to see the FI-COPA Reconciliation.I know that there is no standard tcode for address this requirement so finally i decided to use the KE30 but i am not aware of  how to  design the  KE30 for fi and copa Reconciliation purpose i.e what are elements i need to take into consideration in KE30 report

Pls suggest me

Regards,

Rihana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member238061
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rihana,

have you tried transaction KEAT (billing) and KEAW (settlement) to reconcile FI, SD and CO-PA.

Perhaps it helps as these transactions are meant for your purposes.

However, if the CO-PA customizing is not (according to SAP) entirely correct you may have difficulties

to interpret the data.

We used both tcodes in addition to customer-specific programms.

I hope it helps (and that you evaluate).

With kind regards

Thomas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rihana,

This is one of the more frustrating, but most important parts of COPA. You would use KE30 for this. You generally need to follow a different logic for each of the areas in your income statement, depending on how COPA was set up.

Assumption - You are using a simple situation where you have sales of manufactured goods, for which you have created a SCE, and use that SCE to post CoGS into various CoGS value fields.

For example: Revenues (ERLOS) : Often here, you have one value field, and many GL Accounts. You would set up KE30 such that you have a line for ERLOS, filtered by the characteristics to get to a GL Account. If you have GL Accounts based on product, you would used product characteristic, if by customer, you would need to do it based on customer characteristic. Often though, Cust and Mat account assignment groups also come in handy.

For example CoGS - Here you have many value fields, making up one GL account, so you would need to add all the value fields of all the cost components together, and compare to the GL account.

It is unfortunately completely dependent on how you have set up COPA, and the integration to SD and FI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

KE30 report is not for FI/COPA reconcialtion.... You can see the diffrences between fi/copa by using KEAT... Based on that input you can analyse the resons for the diffrences..

For KE30 report You have to define the form and that form needs to be attached to your report..

Before preparing the form you sholud clear about what you want to analyse in your report... Based on that you have to identify the Charecteristcis and Value fields,,,

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram

Thanks for your reply

we have 2000GL and 50 Value fileds In this case how he can reconcialtion with FI and Copa

Pls suggest me

Regards,

rihana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rihana,

First you need to create Profitability Report using T.code KE31 [Go to Profitability Analysis : Information System-Define Reports] here based on your requirement you can create the report. Then execute KE30 & compare the results from FI Financial Statement report.

KE30 will give you summarized report For Eg : Sales, Discounts, Variable cost, Fixed Cost etc & KE24 will give you line item display. If you have activated Account Based Profitability Analysis then you could be able to reconcile at GL level. If you have activated Costing Based Profitability Analysis then reconciliation at GL level not possible.

So you will to extract reports from FI [Finacial Statement] & CO [KE30] Hope this helps you to understand the process.

Regards,

Varsha