cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in sld configuration in solman_setup after step Take requested SLD mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In solman_setup i am configuring local SLD after choosing Local SLD it opens new screen after logging in it completed 3 steps after that it is not doing anything.

Below is the snapshot. Will award good points for the helpful answer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji and Mohanraj,

can you tell me on what version of JVM is your Solman running?

In case you are using SAP JVM 4.1, can you also post here the patch level?

(easiest way is to execute "java -version" on OS, or look in you system information http://host:port/monitoring/SystemInfo ).

If your patch level is below or equal 16-17, please update the SAP JVM to at least patch 23.

This new SAP JVM seems to be a little bit buggy and for example patch level 16 is having issues with parsing of URL addresses.

If you need help with manual patching, just tell me.

Regards.

Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

java.version  1.4.2_32 

java.vm.info  Jan 3 2012 04:38:30 - 41_REL - optU - aix ppc64 - 6 - bas2:164914 (mixed mode) 

java.vm.name  SAP Java Server VM 

java.vm.specification.name  Java Virtual Machine Specification 

java.vm.specification.vendor  Sun Microsystems Inc. 

java.vm.specification.version  1.0 

java.vm.vendor  SAP AG 

java.vm.version  4.1.016 19.1-b02

Kindlly, let me know the patching is done by JSPM? Brief me more on this. Thanks.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

unfortunately this version cannot be patched by SUM/JSPM, even though SAP support told me that they are working on it.

Now you have to apply the patch manually, best is to follow note Note 1611326 - Patching the SAP JVM 4.1 manually for NetWeaver 2004 and 7.0

Even though this note is not exactly for your release, the SAP JVM is completely the same. I did it several times w/o any issues, you just have to watch carefully for all the steps and I can only recommend to backup everything that is changed (profiles, environment variables, etc).

Several steps from the note will be already done, as this is mainly for updating from old SUN java to SAP AG java, but you will just verify that everything is correct.

Also do not forget to check that the sapcpe for JVM is working correctly (logs are in work directory).

After the new patch is running and your system was restarted. Execute the Setup Local SLD again, and tell me if the template installer was able to finish successfully.

Good luck, Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I've found this 2 SAP notes 1745807 and 1611326.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

nice finding! I did not know about 1745807, it was apparently created right after we solved the issue on our system, based on the support call with SAP. Nice to see, that the support is working well and the notes are still created on the fly.

So there you have your solution confirmed by SAP note, just implement the patch and it should be able to finish.

Regards, Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the feedback, Another question can we use SAP JVM SWITCH TOOL to update the latest JVM patch.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I don't think so. The SAP JVM Switch tool was developed for updating/switching from Sun 1.4.2. to SAP AG JVM 4.1. If you already have SAP JVM 4.1, you have to do it manually.

See also this thread: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2102673

Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

were you able to solve the issue applying newer SAP JVM patch?

If yes, can you close this thread as answered?

Thanks for feedback. Jan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Did u manage to solve the issue. I'm also having same issue at the same screen.