cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Copy - DB Import Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

we are trying to perform a system copy from PROD to Testing system.

Our environment is DB2 z/OS/AIX and NW7.0/GTS 7.1

Export was successful and when we do the import using SR3 we are getting the below error for 4 tables.

(DB) INFO: DYNPSOURCE deleted/truncated

(BUF) ERROR: CsDecompr rc = -11

(DB) INFO: disconnected from DB

I dont find anything related to rc =-11. Please help me if anybody faced this issue before.

Regards,

Durairaj Premsundar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

can  we skip these 4-5 tables and import manually after DB import  using R3trans/transport ? will it work? or is it recommended? looks like the export data is corrupted for rc 11 .

Please help

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do it . But this would require a lot of manual work. Ita better to re-export , but still I will try to help.

Check the packages which have failed.

In the source system , create the STR files for those packages and remove the rest .

# R3ldctl  ( command to generate STR files )

create an directory export directory just like the one created by sapinst during export.

Place the STR files( only the ones for failed packages) under <export_dir>/ABAP/DATA

and the .TPL files under <export_dir>/ABAP/DB

Also ensure that source system was not changed inbetween ( else have to take the entire export again)

create another directory .

extract the migmon.sar (found in installation master under INSTALL/COMMON under platform) in this directory

rename export_monitor_cmd.properties and copy the one from installation directory.

edit this file as required.

set JAVA_HOME

run export_monitor.sh

once done , copy the contents of <export_dir>/ABAP/DATA into the export directory the original one.

Start the import again.

Do the above steps using <sid>adm

Also , if you skip this you might face issues creating views.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for pointing out the steps but would it be possible to just use R3trans to export/import before the creating views step. but is it recommended to do?

Regards,

Durairaj Premsundar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to do it via Migmon though i never used it before

the challenge i faced was the STR splitting which i had to do manually again with those exact files/sizes to get the STR split files.... After that i exported using MIGMON and imported...it went successfully...

Thanks for your help Ratnajit Dey.

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friend

Make sure that you have the same version of database on both source and target system.

Thanks

Atul

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The export location that you have provided to SAPINST  might just have some corrupted  dump files. Did you copy the export directory files from one location to another ? If so , please copy the files again.

You always should export/import with the  latest version of migration tools such as R3load , DBSL , R3ldctl , R3szchk.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I downloaded the latest version of all files and tried but still the same issue.

Have copied the files again also but no help.

Regards,

Durairaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durai,

This possibly could be related to R3load version (it not being able to interpret decompress)..Please use latest R3load to perform import.

Regards.

ruchit.