Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN: General Documentation without Business Scenario

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a template project in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN.  The sole purpose of this template project is to store "project governance documentation" in the General Documentation tab.  That way, when an Implementation project is created, this documenation can be displayed in the General Documentation tab.

We want this general docmentation to be added at the TOP LEVEL NODE in SOLAR01.  Likewise, we want the general documentation to appear in the TOP LEVEL NODE of the implemenation project.

Firstly, I can get this to work.  But ONLY if I create a Business Scenario (in the Template project) and assign the Template name.  Then when I create the Implementation Project, I choose the Template (Scope tab) and presto, it works!

Only problem with this is that it copies across the Business Scenario into the Implementation Project as well.  We ONLY want the General documentation to copy across and nothing else (no scenarios/structure etc)

Is this a way of doing this?  Or do I have to have a Business Scenario for this to work?  This won't really suit our requirements as that particular Business Scenario will not be used in any Implemenation Project...so it will always remain empty and simply cause confusion to users who build the structure in SOLAR01/02.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated!!!

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm guessing I have to create a Business Scenario???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

I must say this, if you not assigned template to any business process scenario, you cannt use those templates to other implementation project.

The procedure is create template -> assign to business process scenario and do all the other settings.

once your template project is ready, make the template visiblity Publicc.

now you could see the templates visible in Scope tab of other projects. In that too, it is restricted to select the business sceario which you want from templates to the local rollout.

So you cannt do this without business sceario,

By the way I just simulated your above case, while I added the doc in top node, I got the below screen shot.

So it cleary says the doc in top node not in scope of template business sceanrio, it default assigned, but to select the template to your local roll out project you need business scearnio assigned to template.

Refer these blogs too

Thanks.

Jansi

Answers (0)