cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM post upgrade to 7.1: Create new SMMN Maintenance Cycle via pre-existing Maintenance Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We just upgraded our SolMan sandbox environment to 7.1 SP3.  To minimize impact to end users, I'm testing the ability to assign open legacy SAPGui SDMJ normal changes and new CRM_UI SMMJ normal changes to the same SolMan ChaRM Project; that way, end users can continue using the same project whether they're closing old normal changes, or creating new CRM_UI changes.

Per the upgrade configuration guide on page 85, it states to close the existing SDMN maintenance cycle and create a new maintenance cycle of SMMN.  I successfully close the maintenance cycle; however, whenever I create a new maintenance cycle "Create Task List" in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN, it only creates maintenance cycles of legacy SDMN (legacy) not SMMN (new).  This is fine for re-assigning the open SDMJ changes, but I cannot assign new SMMJ changes; I therefore cannot achieve my goal of using the same project for old and new normal changes.

If I create a new ChaRM project from scratch in 7.1, the maintenance cycle created will be of type SMMN.  But as stated before, I'm trying to create SMMN through a pre-existing (7.01 created) ChaRM project.  Any suggestions on how to create a new SMMN maintenance cycle linked to a pre-existing 7.01 Solution Manager project?

Appreciate your help.

-Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With the help of SAP, we found the resolution.  To fix this, we took the following steps as per OSS Note 1579616:

1) Close the SDMN maintenance cycle

2) Open table /TMWFLOW/OLDPROJ

3) Delete the pertaining project entry

After following the steps above, when I created a new maintenance cycle, it was of type SMMN.  Legacy SDxx and new SMxx documents could use the same project.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

did you implement the master note 1606456?

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Basis colleagues implemented 1606456, though it looks like an obsolete version.  Should creating a new tasklist automatically mean creating an SMMN (and not SDMN) maintenance cycle, even for pre-upgrade ChaRM projects?  I'm just not sure if SAP's behaving correctly, and I'm not creating the SMMN maintenance cycle correcty, or if there's an issue with SAP that needs resolution (perhaps by the OSS Note).

Thanks for your response.

-Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update - I updated to the newest version of master note 1606456.  The issue still exists: I create a new task list and the maintenance cycle is legacy SDMN.

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hm, at the start we had a bug in that area. Which generated false table entries to remember old projects, etc. Maybe it's this issue. Please open up a customer message so we can check that.

best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael. I'll submit a message.  I'd be surprised if I'm the first to encounter / report this.  I wonder if perhaps other customers simply create new projects, which create new SMMN maintenance cycles, rather than re-using pre-existing projects.  I'd appreciate any feedback from others who have already upgraded and were using ChaRM.

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

thanks, I will look into it if it comes down to the dev level 😉

when you create a new project always a new SM* cycle should be created. Thats the normal logic. But as I said, we had issues there in the past and they were repaired by notes where customers should execute a repair reports and sometimes this get's forgotten.

Best regards,

Michael