cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC support Pack Upgrade

0 Kudos

I am using GRC version 5.3 SP 13 on NW 7.01 SP 07.  I have been asked to upgrade the support level of GRC.  When I go to the GRC patches on SAPNET it seems that the only componts available are the 5.3 SP versions - 13 to 19 which is fine.  I would like to know is it advisable or a pre req to also upgrade the NW SP level?  From what I have read I only see that the GRC 5.3 updates are required.  I have read OSS note 1433940 and I don't see any dependancies for the NW stack, however just wanted to make sure as the note mentioned upgrading NW 7.0 to 7.01.

Also when upgrading the GRC component is a requirement to also update the RTA versions on the connecting systems?

Any help or advise would be really apprciated.

Thanks

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

This Note 1433940 says about the GRC AC compatibility with NW7.01 .

If you will be installing any of the AC releases on NW stack 7.01, you must install at a minimum AC 5.3 Support Pack 10.

You are already at SP13 which is higher than SP10, so there should not be any compatibility issues with NW 7.01

Secondly,whenever you are upgrading GRC component, you must have your RTA versions on the same Support pack level. For SP13, your VIRSANH should be SP13 and VIRSAHR should be at SP11.

Hope this Information helps!

Regards,

Shreya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies - With my current version of GRC 5.3 it seems that I can go upto GRC 5.3 SP18 as I am on NW 7.01 SP7

As NW 7.01 is now at SP12 - Would it be best practice to upgrade the NW to SP 12 and then upgrade the GRC after to 5.30 SP 18?

I have only read information on updating the GRC components however I can't see no notes stating the best practice for the NW stack.

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks

former_member225453
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

They both are independant.

If you are upgrading NW stack, then you need to upgrade GRC at the same time while upgrading NW.
However it is better to upgrade NW stack first and then GRC SP level.
There is no as such best practices to upgrade NW Stack with GRC.
You may refer the below link for additional info.
Regards,
Shreya
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The recommended support pack level for the target Netweaver system is always the latest released.

Best Regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You may refer the below mentioned note:-

>1243085 -- Available Documentation for GRC Access Control

>1352498 -- SAP Support Pack Numbering. In this note one Excel spreadsheet is attached which shows the compatible support pack levels of GRC5.3 version. 

Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You can check this note to avoid problems of sync - 1352498

Find in the attachments an excel file matching the correct SP levels.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Fernando