Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad cannot save SAP URL icon while trying to "Add to Home Screen"

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAPians,

We have a Custom built application developed on J2EE over another eclipse based tool (Non-NWDS). The application has been deployed in a NW EP 7.01 portal and is access via pages and iViews. The application is optimized and specially built for iPad and Iphone users, and majority of users access it from such devices

We don't want our clients to be tying the awkward long URL again and again, and hence suggested to save the provided URL by selecting "Add to Home Screen" option on Safari on iPads and Iphones. But the problem is Safari is saving the shortcuts in the home screens as miniature snapshots of the portal page and not as the 'favicon' icon.

I changed the favicon of the EP portal and have crossed my fingers to see if it works. But is there an alternate option?

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Please let me know the write forum, if this isn't where I should have asked this question.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

You can use Bookmark option on the safari which is similar to favorites.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member188073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the reply!

That exactly is our problem. Ususally the 'Add to Homepage' bookmarks would save favicon, but for SAP portlas it does not.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hei Varun,

You can use the iOS provisioning file (.mobileconfig) to set the portal as a 'webclip' . It has the facility to add any image as a icon. This might solve the issue. This file will be installed in the iOS device as a profile.

Hope this might help you.

regards

Answers (0)