Posting Change Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have peculiar problem working with Posting Changes,

We have configured the system to do the following:

·         Usage decision is made for inspection lots

·         Stock in IM is moved from QI stock , for example to UU stock

·         Automatically a posting change is made and TO created. We have activated automatic/immediate confirmation of TO.

But the problem is

·         Usage decision is made in SAP and stock is moved from QI (IM stock)

·         Posting change is created automatically

·         However automatic confirmations does not always happen and manual confirmation is not possible either.  and there are no error messages. Please guide where is the missing object?? I have cross checked all configurations,everything is available.

Regards,

Pavan

P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan.

Whats the status of the inspection lot when you trying to confirm the TO for a PCN ? Also, check "CONFIRMATION" section in your WM movement type (Logistics Execution-->Warehouse Management-->Activities-->Transfers-->Define Movement Types).

Regards,

Mohan Ganganala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am checking the process again thoroughly (end to end) to check mistakes if any.

I will update you very soon.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I think issue with QUANT / PCN level, when you doing multiple usage decision for same material sytem create PCN and it might be keep updating in one intermediate bin under 922 storage. Due to system is unable to find the original quant for recent PCN.Hence system might be failed to create the TO. In such case if you change / match the PCN characters (Inspection lot no )which is referring to existing quant, it may allow you to create the TO.

Please check and let me know if it's help u

Thanks

SureshKumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its bit long time I have not updated this post, will explain in short,

This is what happening in the system -

There is a quant merger when the posting is done from production to stores. As we have activated QM @ GR from production, the inspection lot gets generated & there are multiple GRs for the same order. Probably because of the multiple GRs, merger of quant is taking place.

During posting, the quant generated has reference inspection lot, if this available data matches the PCN data for which TO being created and confirmed then nothing goes wrong.

But if the quant data and PCN data differs then system performs nothing and we'll not get any error message also.

If the inspection lot reference in PCN is removed then system gets a link for PCN and quant and we are able to proceed further.

There are 2 SAP notes, 389492 and 1004984 to tackle this issue. But with the kind of business process we have, there was not much help from these notes.

We are currently looking for other possibilities and also checking for inspection lot removal from PCN and proceed with other postings if it does not have any major impact on the process.

With Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which cases TO confirmation happens and in which case it is not, could you do analysis and let me know?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Do you mean to say that TOs are created w.r.t PCNs and these TOs cannot be confirmed?

Regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The TOs are configured to confirm automatically. But this is not happening.

System is not giving any kind of message also!!

But if I delete inspection lot in posting change and save, i am able to confirm the TO manually.

Any idea why is this behaviour.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In which cases TO confirmation happens and in which case it is not, could you do analysis and let me know?

BR