cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS Element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want to know about various versions in WBS. When i revised the budget at that time how can I see the revised version of WBS element. Is there any reports or entry generated. Please help me out to solve this issue.

Thanks in adavnced.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tushar already eplained about the versioning very clearly. Are you creating project version? Try to see the the different version values in CN41N.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

In Project system, there are different types of versions namely simulation versions, project versions, CO planning versions and selection version.

1. 1.     Simulation versions in the Project System are versions that one can change.
  2. 2.     Project versions are snapshots of a project at a specific point, and are used for

documenting the progress of a project over time. Both quantities and values are stored in

• versions. Project versions are created either manually, or automatically when a status changes.
    1. 3. CO planning versions are used to plan costs and revenues. One can copy values from

one version to another. One can change planned values manually in every version

the costed values are retained.

1. 4. A selection version is used only in the information system for processing in the

background and saves project data matching certain selection criteria for retrieval

Project version can be manually created while changing the WBS, network, in the Structure/Dates information system for one or more projects. You can use the transaction CN71, CN72

Regards

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually there is no versioning of budget. The better way to manage this is to use supplementery budget functionality. With this functionality you cna track down the budget modifications for a WBS element.

Regards,

Mahendra