Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Nullpointer

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

today i am facing a problem with some messages on pi which fail on the adapter engine. Szenario is

proxy-pi-soap (eoio).

The messages stuck on ae with following error message in the audit protocol:

SOAP: call failed: java.io.IOException: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method java.lang.Integer.intValue() of an object returned from com.sap.aii.af.sdk.xi.util.StreamXMLScannerImpl$EventQueue.dequeue(); HTTP 200 OK

The DefaultTrace in NWA doesn't tell me more. I am wondering why HTTP 200 is included in the error message, does this mean the called web service

answer with a status code 200 that everything was ok? Why do i get an error message then? When is this message raised, mapping was already done

successfully. What is the XMLScannerImpl for? Is it used to parse the payload before the send step, i yes why? Does it need to be touched bofore being

wrapped into a soap envelope? Questions upon questions ...

At the moment i can't find the cause of this problem and would appreciate any help to get this solved!

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Few cents.. This scenario is Proxy to soap.. The  message fails in the adapter engine and seeing that you have null pointer exception.  That means due to some data issues the message might have failed in the mapping. Check the mapping area first.  It looks like you are doing some type cast conversion from Integer object to primitive int value

Hope that helps.

markus_schalk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Baskar,

i already tested the mapping and it works fine. Seems to be another point where the problem is raised.

Thanks for your fast reply.

Kind regards,

Markus

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like target system is able to handshake with your PI server request and fails somewhere after that... Can you send the same request message outside PI using soapui and see what you get? This way we can figure out whether problem at the target side or not...Is there any requirement from target system out soap header structure... Are you not sending as they need?