cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100% inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues.

Let's consider I want to do 100% inspection in a raw material.

What are the significant differences between setting its material master QM view as 100% inspection or creating a dynamic modification rule that includes a single step of inspection ?

Tks,

Fernando Luz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure I follow you.  DMR and 100% inspection are two different unrelated things.

100% inspection means the every unit gets inspected.  If my UOM is KG, and I get 1000 kg's, it measn I'm making 1000 inspections.  If I have my mics set up for individual results, it means 1000 resutls are to be recorded.

If the UOM is 50 bags that equal 1000 Kg's, it means I record 50 results.

DMR is not typically based on quantity, but shipments or receipts.  I get ten shipments each month of 30-100 bags in each shipment.  DMR might say I inspect every three.  So I do shipments  1, 4, 7 and 10.  If I have 100% inspection turned on, it just means of those four shipments, I'm going to inspect everything in each of those shipments.  Shipments 2,3,5,6,8 and 9 just go right into inventory.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks FF.

Never worked with 100% inspection ... just had the impression that it would work in a inspection lot creation level. Thanks for the explanation.

Let's consider that:

I do not care for samples ... normally, I set a theorical 1 as my QM sample.

But, I want to check every deliver I get. I mean, for every RAW goos receipt, I want one inspection lot, to record results and only after that, release it or not.

What we do nowadays is to use a DMR with a single step of inspection (duration 9999999 ...).

Does it sound as the best solution for it ?

Tks,

Fernando Luz

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question would be why are you even setting up a DMR?  If you want to inspect every delivery there is no need for a DMR.  It is not required.  Remove it from the plan. 

You only put in a DMR if you are planning to skip inspections of certain deliveries.

I would take out the DMR, make sure 100% inspection is NOT checked.  Then you have two options.

1 - Use summarized results with no sampling procedures

2 - Use individual results recording with sampling procedures and use a fixed sample size of one procedure..

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was my impression ... that DMR for that case would not be relevant.

Thanks man !

Fernando Luz

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No problem!  Thanks for properly closing out the thread too.  Wish everyone would!

FF

Answers (0)