Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which is the easy way to Create MIC For food Grain

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

I want to create MIC for food grain,But it seen the MIC which r going to use are all most same ,but the limit used for them are different.So how to categories so that it will easy to prepared & Understand also.Pls go through the eg shown below.

CommodityMICAccepted Limit Reject
Soy Bean
MoistureUp to 10%-12 %Above12%
Sand/SilicaUp to 2% -4%Above4%
Damaged Seed7%Above7%
non-edible seedsUp to 2% -5%Above5%
ChanaShrivelled SeedsUpto 3%Above 4%
Green SeedUpto 3%Above 4%
Immature SeedsUpto 3%Above 4%
Broken SeedUpto 2%Above 3%
SplitsUpto 2%Above 3%
MoistureUp to 10%-12 %Above12%
DamagedUp to 3%-10 %Above10%
Weeviled SeedsUp to 3%-10 %Above10%
Maharashtra Lal TurForeign matterUpto 2%Above2%
Red SeedsAbove 95%
MoistureUpto 14%Above14%
DamagedUpto 10%Above10%
BrokensUpto 10%Above10%
Immature SeedsUpto 10%Above10%

Regards,

Asif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

There could be 3 methodologies to address this.

• Explained by FF for batch managed materials.
  • With incomplete copy model -
    1. While creating MIC in QS21 create it as incomplete copy model.
    2. Lets say you are creating Moisture as MIC. With incomplete copy model you need to give tolerances, decimals while creating MIC
    3. While creating inspection plan when you pull such MIC, system prompts you to input tolerances, selected sets dynamically. Even you can change MIC description in inspection plan.
    4. You can pull the same MIC for different material and can add different values of tolerances.
    5. Remember if the control indicators are different you may either have to create new MIC or change these indicators in inspection plan.
    6. The limitation I think for incomplete MIC is, you can not use this as additional MIC for inserting in QA32 for result recording
  • With complete copy model -
    • You can create MIC with pre defined control indicators and tolerances
    • The same MIC you can pull in inspection plan and can edit limits at inspection plan level.

As 3 of above are used as per the suitability its difficult to predict which one is standard to use. I would prefer 2nd option to address this.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you batch managed?  I would think you would be.  In that case

1. Create General Characteristic (you have 13) for each with widest range allowed for the TEST, not spec.

2. Create MIC (13 of them) with reference to general characteristic

3. Create batch classes for your various products, (looks like you have three main classes), that contain the tests relevant to them, maintain the general spec values in the class, click on "allow additional values"

4. Assign materials to correct batch class. In classification view of material master, maintain a spec value for specific characteristics only if the material is different from class values.

5. maintain QS61

6. Create inspection plan with MICS created in step 2.  Basically one plan for each class of product

7. In inspection type select both "inspect with spec" and "inspect with task list"

8. Create inspection lot.  Specs come from class and if they exist any in the material master.

If you are not batch managed.

1. Create MICS as incomplete copy model using FULL allowed range of test.

2. Create plan and add MICs'  Maintain spec in plan.

Keep this in mind:  A test in SAP should ONLY exist once!  So in your examples you show Moisture three times for three separate product groups.  But Moisture should only be set up as one MIC.  What defines a test should be test, UOM and decimal places.

You could have two moisture tests if they are tested differently and one test measures to only one decimal place, while the other measures up to two decimal places.  If you only test moisture one way, you should only have one MIC (and general characteristic) for it.

The actual spec for moisture for a product is than either maintained in the batch class/material or in the inspection plan.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asif,

Create the MICs in incomplete copy model option so that any MIC can be used or any commodity as per requirement. and use it in inspection plan.

Regards

Vivek

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Is it not possible to make MIC with different limit at once.Because we have more than 150 food product so not possible to change daily.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Keep one MIC only, as u mentioned in ur example that if range crossed then MIC rejected, for this u need to define the +/- tollrance value. for acceptance and rejection.

an in ur example few of the MIC's and their upper values seems to be same so set accordingly.

Regards

former_member216607
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Yes what u say is right to create one MIC but my upper limit is different for all, so how can i maintain that in one MIC,as different tolerance limit.Is it possible to prepared same MIC with different tolerance limit or what, if yes then how? Pls explain the Steps.Should i prepared MIC in in complete copy mode and while doing inspection i should change the limit or some thing as i do.and for all the sampling procedure should be maintain manually or what.

Regards,

Asif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct , single mIC with different values not posiible but u have to discussed with ur QA and set the limits for the MIC like MOisture 10-14% noe apply the tollerance as per the business requirement, second thing, Create the MIC in incomplete copy model and set the range in Qualityplan only. this will resolve ur purpose.

Regards