Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sybase version 2.0 to Sybase 2.1.1

former_member192811
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We currently have sybase unwired runtime 2.0 for 64 bit OS installed in our landscape.

I would like to know is it possible to upgrade Sybase unwired runtime directly to 2.1 ESD 1 instead of Sybase unwired runtime 2.1 first.

Regards

Pooja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

My understanding is that you must first install 2.1, then you can install any of the patches for 2.1 without installing them all. I would check the 2.1 installation guide regarding upgrade information. I'm pretty sure you cannot have two version of SUP on the same machine.

Here's a link to the entire 2.1 doc set:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp;jsessionid=5aud37xe2plb?docset=/com.sybase.infocenter.pu...

--Emily

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello emily,

first of all you are very beautiful

secondly

i remember that i removed 2.0 first then installed to 2.1

then upgraded to ESD 3.

on service.sap.com you can not see patch directly from 2.0 to 2.1

may be there is but i didnt see.

but what if you have a huge amount of applications and need to move to 2.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bilen,

I'm hoping someone with more experience can answer your question. As a technical writer for Sybase, we tend to start fresh each release by installing the new version but not keeping any existing applications or artifacts. Fortunately, our upgrade and migration information improves with each release, and you can find it in the Release Bulletin for SUP 2.1.3 on Sybase Product Documentation - see "Migrating Your Artifacts" here:

http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc00835.0213/doc/html/jwo13...

I suspect the migration process will be a combination of manual and automated tasks.I hope someone answers your question - because I, too, would like to know how large enterprises with multiple applications will handle this situation.

Good luck,

Emily

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SyambabuAllu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pooja,

You need to download the EBF #2.1 ,you can install it.

Thanks,

Syam.

vikasrao21
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes you can upgrade SUP 2.1.3