cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New planning book with other base quantity unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a planning book with several key figures and all with the base quantity unit "kg".

Now, I want to create another planning book with the same key figures but with a different quantity unit.

I do not know where to maintain this. In the definition of the planning book there is no possibility to implement this. Perhaps, do I have to change something with the infoobjects in rsa1 transaction?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Heinz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for your repyl, Rajesh.

I read your comment attentively. But, I cannot imagine that it is not possible to have one planning area with 2 planning books. And these 2 planning books have the same key figures but not the same quantity units.

E.g. one planning book has the quantity unit kilogram and the other has the quantity unit "gallon".

This must be possible to realize without a BADI, isn't it?

Please give me some further confirmations and replies!

Thank you very much and kind regards

Heinz

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heinz,

Irrespective of product base UoM, the data will be saved in planning area's UoM in liveCache. But, for display, the data will be converted into product base UoM based on the key fig settings of your planning area.

Assume, I use only one product with different UoM.

Planning Area - liter

Product X base UoM - case

User 1 - kg

User 2 - gallon

If user 1 access the data view with product X, the UoM will be kg. Similarly for user 2, it will be gallon.

Consider multiple products with different base UoM being loaded into the data view. The user specific UoM still be applicable. But, the total row show the value in planning area's UoM. To avoid this situation and return even the total values in user specific UoM, the BAdI needs to be implemented.

Thus, a second planning book is not required. You can manage your requirements with one planning book.

Thanks,

Rajesh

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heinz,

By default, planning area's key figure settings (UoM checked i.e. based on location product master's base UoM) will be used by planning book and data views and not allowed to change in the planning book maintenance (t.code /SAPAPO/SDP8B, Key figure attributes tab).

If you load different products with different base UoM, the output will be based on the planning area's base unit of measure.

However, you can leverage User setting's (t.code /SAPAPO/SDPUSET) unit of measure (unit conversion tab) and implement BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_UOM_CONV. Please refer the following SAP note for details on the BAdI https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1408692

With this BAdI, you can force the SDP to flush results always in user specific unit of conversion (provided the conversion rules are properly maintained in the product master).

Thanks,
Rajesh