Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 IDOC_AAE error

anurag_sinha3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are getting below error while trying to post Idoc in receiver system.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.idoc.exception.IDOCAdapterException: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Failed to set the parameter 14 of the statement >>INSERT INTO XI_IDOC_OUT_MSG ( IDOC_NUMBER, XI_MSG_NO, REF_NUMBER, ORIGINAL_IDOC_NO, IN_TIME, MESSAGING_TYPE, IDOC_TYPE, CIM_TYPE, SEND_PORT, SEND_PRTNR_NO, SEND_PRTNR_TYPE, CLIENT , STATUS, CONTROL_RECORD, CHANNEL_ID, ACK_NEEDED, ACK_RECEIVED, ARCHIVE ) VALUES ( ?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,? )<<: Cannot assign a blank-padded string to a parameter with JDBC type >>VARCHAR<<.

This is Idoc_AAE to IDOC_AAE scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since parameter 14 of your statement is "CONTROL_RECORD", make sure your mapping creates a proper control record (EDI_DC40) and that this control record segment is not disabled in the mapping. Also, have a look at SAP Note 1688780 - "IDoc AAE Adapter fails to insert empty strings in database" and the following threads:

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

We have trasnported the settings from the DEV system to QA system. So the mapping remains the same in QA. Still we get this error in QA system while DEV is fine.

Could you please tell me if I need to check for any other settings in the system for this issue?

I have already implemented OSS note 1688780.

Thanks,

Shuvendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shuvendu,

Please try approach as follow:

- Please check your Control Record (particluarly if there are values for fields like DOCNUM,

RCVPRT & RCVPRN). Also check if there check and remove white spaces (if any) before and after the values. Do a comparison with the values you see in Dev and those you see in QA.

- Check you version and patch level between Dev and QA. If they are different, please log a message with SAP Support to assist.

Regards, Trevor