Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to FILE(7.3) single stack

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried RFC to File Scenario in PI 7.3 single stack

I have written an rfc and called that rfc in a report program.

The data is not being received at PI.

What are the parameters we have to set in NWA for this scenario.

Regards,

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you ever resolve this?  Having the same issue...

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi steve,

Can u please check your rfc destination in ecc system....

First create programID in NWA then use in communication channel and use in ecc system RFC destination.

Still face issues reply to me .

Cheers,

Cnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sreeni,

Still getting same issue.  Going to work on it some more today.  Our issue is we bought a 3rd party application that has an Addon in ERP.  This addon code is using the RFC to send data from ERP to PI and then to the 3rd party app.

I created a ticket with SAP.  Created the trace files etc. but in the end SAP pushed it off to the 3rd party software company who then said its a Basis or PI issue.  So not resolved.

I'm going to look at it some more though today.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate little bit more what is the issue your facing

Cheers,

Cnu

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Can you see any errors in transaction sm58 of the sender system? In case of communication problems, you should find an entry there, that will tell you details about the reason for your issue.

Regards,

Greg

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

While executing my RFC module from se37, i am getting system failure.

Regards,

Sreenivas.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, as a prerequisite, test the RFC destination in sm59 to find out what is the root of the problem.

Regards,

Greg

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Greg,

We are getting error as "function module does not exist in PI" in SM58 tcode of ECC.

In SIngleStack in PI Side where we have to mention this function Module Name.

Regards,

Sreenivas

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas,

I think I get the problem now. Most probably you are missing the NWA configuration. It was described by in his blog here: . Focus on "Sender IDOC AEX adapter" part, steps 2 and 3. And don't mind that the topic of this blog is "IDoc adapter" - this part is identical for IDoc and RFC adapters.

Regards,

Greg

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

We have already configured Step2 and step3. In previous PI Version even in PI system ABAP Stack we will mention rfc name. But in single stack do we need to maintain Function Module name anywhere in NWA.

Thanks,

Sreenivas Veldanda.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sreeni,

Please check the sender adapter as its not able to get the meta data required from ECC into PI. can you validate your sender adapter metadata settings.

Regards

Sreeram

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Where I have to check for this metadata settings.....

While pushing rfc data from ECC we are getting error in sm58 as

Unsupported Function module used with IDOCActivationSpec reg
Thanks,
Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeni,

I hope your funation module is Remote enabled Function Module . For meta data in sender adapter section is there meta data.

Regards

Sreeram

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah my function module is remote enabled only.  BUt it is not reaching into PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you check the sender rfc adapter in communication channel and see what is the error its throwing.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreeram,

Thanks for your reply...

There is no message is coming in Sender RFC Communication channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

we dont need to do any setting in NWA.

First : Test your FM in ECC alone with out Sending to PI. Does it work correctly.

Second: Test the TCP/IP connnection in SM59 of ECC if it works correctly. U have used the same Programme ID whcih is used in your sender RFC channel whcih you gave in PI.

Thrid: Execute the FM to send the data into PI let me know what is the exact error your getting.

Regards

Sreeram

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

step 1 and Step2 is working correctly....

in step3: while executing the FM with the rfcdestination it is throwing an error in SM58 as Unsupported function module FM_NAME used with IdocActivationSpec reg

Regards,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you remove the NWA setting which you did in inboundResourceAdapter(RA) as those are used for IDOC but not RFC.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using same rfc destination for both IDOC and RFC..... I cant remove inboundRA parameters....If I remove those thing my IDOC wont work properly..... so for RFC do we need to create another RFC destinationin Both NWA and ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please create a new RFC of TCP/IP for RFC sender only in ECC nothing in NWA.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

even we try like that we are not getting data into PI.....if we use like that

we are getting error as Bean FMNAME  is not found on PI HOST, ProgId = XI_PRD Object no

please advice me

Former Member
0 Kudos

u get this problem when there are mutiple listners for the same messages. You need to close all the mutiple listners. also you can check NWA logs there will be enter for the same error.

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please let me know close all the multiple listners. Where we have to check NWA logs.

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

you have delete the mutiple connections which are listening from ECC to PI  ask the basis team to do it. You need to go logs and trace in NWA and look for the logs.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas, I am having the same issue. RFC alone working fine. TCP/IP connection test in SM59 working perfectly fine no error. Program id is maintain in PI. No error while program calling RFC. Nothing is ST22. Can you please share, how did you resolve the issue?

Thanks 

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

At that time I have used different RFC destinantion in NWA and used different program ID and then Created in ECC.

It has been worked. Please make sure that first create Program ID in NWA then ECC.

Thanks,

Sreenivas

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi seenu

The following blog of "Michal Krawczyk" might help you

http://scn.sap.com/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2012/01/19/michals-pi-tips-how-do-you-activate-abap-...

Regards

Gagandeep