cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What data should be migrated in SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm working in a upgrade project. Customer already have a SAP system, with several running projects. Can anyone tell me about migration strategy for PS, I mean like what data should be migrate to the new system, and by what method?

As I understand, they should be:

- Master data: Work center, standard project - should be migrated manually because there are not so many

- Transaction data: project structure for running projects include project definition, WBS element, network activity,... - can be migrated by LSMW. Planned cost, planned budget, actual cost, actual revenue,...

Can anyone tell me about how to migrate cost (plan, actual); revenue (plan, actual) and budget in project from old SAP system to the new one?

Regards,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can follow the following transactions, First you need to assume a cut-off date and take all those values to be uploaded:

1) Planned Costs and Revenue using transaction CJ40 and CJ42 or CJR2(cost element level planning)

2) Actual Costs : You can do statistical actuals cost posting on WBS element(only in CO, not in FI)

3) Actual Revenues: Need to post actual revenue through finance.

4) Budegt can be uploaded using transaction CJ30.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra, Shrikant

Thanks for your reply. I also want to know more about the strategy to upload/post the cost and revenue.

Let say, for example, each project we plan cost by 10-20 cost elements (material cost, service, admin, overhead,....) and then also actual cost was posted by these cost element. And we have hundred running projects. So it's complicated to post one-by-one plan/actual cost.

Is there anyway to make it more simple? I think about define new cost element to post only the total plan/total actual cost happen in each project. Should it done by this way?

Regards,

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

It totally depends on how much sacrifice your customer want to make as far as reporting is concerned..

You can upload all the plan/actuals on specific cost elements but then reporting for these projects will not look great and it will continue till these projects are opened.

It is better to upload the plan/actuals to the details which are avaialble from the customer team. It is really not very complex to upload as you can manage this upload with LSMW or BDC.

Regards,

Mahendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Apart from Mahendra's reply, commitments related to open POs can be migrated to new system.

Regards

Shrikant