Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear hanging in stocks in interim storage bins

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Due to some missing WM configuration (settings for a particular storage type search for Q stock), lot of WM stocks are hanging in storage type 922 & storage bin POST-AREA.

Please see sample situation for one material below:

In the above example, 2nd record shows 1 no. +ve project stock (Q) , whereas the 3rd line shows -1 no. own stock (without Q indicator).

The 1st record is the correct WM bin stock and is in the right storage bin.

We have configured the missing WM configuration and now the problem has been arrested.

However, the old stocks in interim storage type 922 have no meaning and have to be still cleared.

How to do this?

I tried the following methods to resolve the issue:

1. Created a posting change using LU01 to move stocks from Q to own :

and then tried to process the posting change in LT05 during which stage, I get error:

but get the below error message.

What is the problem? Am i doing it the right way?

2. I tried using LT10, mov.type 999 to do the transfer, but it does not have change special stock status.

What is the right way to clear the pending stocks in interim storage bins?

Is there any transaction for the same?

Would appreciate your inputs.

Regards

Prabhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked any open TOs agaisnt that material as it has one +ve and one -Ve entry.Check in LT24 transaction.If any is there use LT15 transaction to delete the TO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned by Sridhar, check if any unconfirmed TO are there for storage type 922 and confirm them first.

After that as you mentioned you have configured correct setting and now you want to clear "+"& "-"  stock, in your case from screenshot, your source and destination "quant" no is same, that can not be the case, remove quant no from destination storage type and then try.

BR

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no TO pending for this material/warehouse. LT24 shows no open TOs.

If you see the screenshot that I have given in this thread, there is no stock under "Stock for Putaway" or "Pick Qty". Rather, it is shown under "available stock".

As I had mentioned earlier, this has been created wrongly due to wrong WM settings, which have been corrected now.

Is there any transaction to clear this?

Regards

Prabhu

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no open TOs in LT24.

As suggested by you, I have checked without quant in destination bin - still getting error  as below:

The project stock of 1 no is for Quant 1064, which I am trying to move to own stock.

Regards

Prabhu

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are no open TOs in LT24.

As suggested by you, I have checked without quant in destination bin - still getting error  as below:

The project stock of 1 no is for Quant 1064, which I am trying to move to own stock.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you putting 922 storage type in source and destination manually? because I have never seen system pick quantity (or show available quantity) from interim storage type while doing posting change.

For clearing hanging stock you have to use LT01, first you have to identify which are the wrong posting, and then move them to 922 storage type for clearing.

BR

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Guess you tried Kunal option LT01 ,If it did not work then write aOSS note to SAP then they will suggest you what went wrong.If it is bug then they will clear the entries.

prabhu_sundararaman2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal, Sridhar,

Problem has been resolved now, thanks to your inputs.

As per your inputs, I tried for a particular material again with LT01, and I am now ABLE to clear/nullify all the hanging stocks in WM, for the material. The only trouble I faced earlier was with quant number; Now I had given the right quant available in system and I was able to post without error.

I have used mov.type 999 and nullified -ve stocks in 922 storage type with +ve stocks in 001 storage type. Hope that is OK.

Now WM bin stock for the material tallies with IM stock.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)