cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection timeout error in the Response side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am getting the connection timeout error in an RFC -PI -SOAP synchronous scenario.

"com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out"

I have gone through several blogs but didn't find convincing answers for such problems. I went through a time out document , which stated that for the receiver SOAP when the receiver application takes much longer to process the request message and give back the response to the receiver adapter, SOAP on the receiver side can get timed out. The solution for this is to increase this value by setting parameter XMBWS by value more than 5min ie by default it is set to 5 min or 300000msec. I had increased it to 600000msec ie 10 min, but the error persists.

Other scenarios configured for the same wsdl is working fine. 

Can anybody share the solution for this type of scenario.

Thanks

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is solved . The outgoing proxy server was having the problem. When proxy issue was resolved, the timeout error got faded.

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI SRM_ADMIN

Synchronous scenario should be the more interactive as possible. Personally, when a sync scenario is "heavier" i'd rather to convert it in asynchronous scenario with the communocation control in the endpoints.

Regards.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how long does it take before it times out ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

It gives the response message immediately after 1min 25 sec.for ex: when the request is fired the strat time timestamp is 11.51.06 and the endtime is 11.52.25. Immediately the response start time is 11.52.25 and endtime is 11.52.25.  The Error which is displayed is as follows:

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

This is according to what is seen in SXIMB_MONI.

Thanks

Regards

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

I saw your blog it is speaking about time out. I have increased the time of  HTTP_TIMEOUT of the Integration Engine from 3000000 to 6000000. Apart from these can you suggest me why this SOAP receiver response is giving time out. Where should I handle this error?

Thanks

Regards