cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting proxies to SOAP - PI 7.3

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand that instead of proxies to talk to SAP we can also use SOAP adapter which will allow us to use ICO .

I have a document to configure that on PI7.11 ....can anybody point me to a document for PI 7.3 for this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>I understand that instead of proxies to talk to SAP we can also use SOAP adapter which will allow us to use ICO .

it's still a proxy - you just use SOAP adapter - protocol XI - that's the only change

>>>can anybody point me to a document for PI 7.3 for

it's the same as for 7.11 - just select channel SOAP and protocol XI put the server details and you're done

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ok thanks michal...

also let me know if the below points are correct ? -

1. in SXMB_ADM in ecc we need to configure the sender/receiver id for every outbound interface + namespace

2. A single SOAP sender and SOAP receiver channel can be reused for all the scenaios ...or do we need to create separatelty for each interface

3. At runtime will we be able to see the messages in MONI of ECC or directly in message monitoring

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>1. in SXMB_ADM in ecc we need to configure the sender/receiver id for every outbound interface + namespace

yes

>>>2. A single SOAP sender and SOAP receiver channel can be reused for all the scenaios ...or do we need to create separatelty for each interface

single one is enough

>>>3. At runtime will we be able to see the messages in MONI of ECC or directly in message monitoring

MONI of ECC and RWB of PI

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi michal,

Many thanks for a very clear answer.

one last Q -

Instead of

configuring the sender/receiver id for every outbound interface + namespace can we put * in outbound interface and namespace

will  *  work in defining sender / receiver id in sxmb_adm

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>will  *  work in defining sender / receiver id in sxmb_adm

as far as  I remember (by debugging) it does not work with a *

but once you have it working for one interface just change it to * to be 100% sure

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Answers (0)