Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding MIGTIME in System Copy

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

Can you please help me in understanding how to use of MIGTIME tool.. is this possible that i can see results of export/import now using this as i have already performed test migration system.

We are having NetWeaver 04 SR1 based system.. so i think i dont need to download this tool from marketplace now.

Not much detail have been provided in Note 784118 - System Copy Java Tools and have checked few SDN threads also.

Regards

ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the MIGTIME.SAR file in the installation master DVD under <DVD>/<INSTALL_MASTER>/<PLATFORM>/COMMON/INSTALL

or

You can download it from the Service Marketplace.

Extract it as follows:

host:sidadm 27> SAPCAR -xvf MIGTIME.SAR

SAPCAR: processing archive MIGTIME.SAR (version 2.01)

x migtime.jar

x export_time.sh

x import_time.sh

x time_join.sh

x export_time.bat

x import_time.bat

x time_join.bat

x TimeAnalyzer.pdf

You will get TimeAnalyzer.pdf , which gives details of how to use the tool.

You can find very good information on analyzing the export/import times in the IBM redbook link below

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg247774.pdf

Regards

Ratnajit

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

normally you'll get two result, one is graph with XML and the other is text with .txt. Based on the result, you can optimize the export and import time by using the orderBy file.

to generate the migration time for export, you need your export dir and sapinst.

eg of the Export command::

export_time.bat -installDir "D:\sapinst\..\..\" -dataDirs "D:\ExportDir\..\..\DATA" -top 60 -html -xml

For the import, you need the sapinst dir

eg of Import command::

import_time.bat -installDir "D:\sapinst\..\..\ABAP" -h 1 -html -xml

To join both import and export time::

time_join.bat -exportFile "D:\export_time.xml" -importFile "D:\import_time.xml" -html –xml

Hope it helps,

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks, I will check TimeAnalyzer.pdf and will try to use this to see results. I will update you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Would like to add 1 thing.In case yours is Java only system the relevant analyzer would be JMIGTIME but is available since 7.02 only and not 6.40 if I remember correct;ly.

Regards.
Ruchit

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

no, I am having ABAP system.. and wanted to analyzes export/import runtime. Thanks anyway for your suggestions.

Regards

ashish

Answers (0)