Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data flow from ECC to BW/BI:Locockpit

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

Gone through so many documents and threads.Confused with the flow.If you are 100% sure,kindly help me.

How delta data flows from ECC to BW/BI in Direct delta, Queued delta and Unserialised V3 update in Locockpit?What are V1,V2 and V3 updates.

Please, give me clear idea with simple words.

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member97099
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Refer the below document help  you atleast what are V* jobs and how they are using in LO cockpit extraction.

V1  Job:  V1 job is  Synchronous Update Method – When we use this type of update method after the first successfully entered the signal comes back as the first record is entered successfully. Then only the next record will enters into the file. If the first record fails, then there is no further process. Even though the first record enters into the file successfully, the 2nd record will wait until the signal comes back. So here a performance is decreases. One more point is that there is no background process for V1 update method.

V2 Job: It is  Asynchronous Update Method –When we use this type of method there no need to the signal comes back to enter the second record. It automatically the 2nd record will enters into the file. If there is any in the first record, it will not wait until it is corrected; the 2nd record enters into the file. Here the first drawback is over comes here. But the 2nd one is there i.e. here also there no background process.

V3  Job:  Asynchronous Background Update Method – Here by seeing name itself we can understand this. I.e. it is Asynchronous Update Method with background job. below are the update methods

A) Direct Delta:- In case of Direct delta LUW’s are directly posted to Delta Queue RSA7 and we extract the LUW’s from Delta Queue to SAP BW by running Delta Loads. If we use Direct Delta it degrades the OLTP system performance because when LUW’s are directly posted to Delta QueueRSA7 the application is kept waiting until all the enhancement code is executed.

B) Queued Delta: - In case of Queued Delta LUW’s are posted to Extractor queue LBWQ by scheduling the V3 job we move the documents from Extractor queue LBWQ to Delta Queue RSA7and we extract the LUW’s from Delta Queue to SAP BW by running Delta Loads. Queued Delta is recommended by SAP it maintain the Extractor Log which us to handle the LUW’s, which are missed.

Set up tables is to store and pull the historic data in BW.

Once you do an init and start  to filling the set up tables the delta queue is created in RSA7 which stores the delta.

So once your set up tables are finished you do full repair or full load from the data source to target and then you run the delta's in BW.

Kind Regards,

Sam

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Kindly, share your final views for conclusion.

Queued delta:

How data flows, Document posting --------->LBWQ?

Unserialised V3 update:

How data flows from Document posting ----------------.SM13?

Chandra SekharVenkateswarlu NandimandalamKiran Vasant KereAravind Nag M, Ravi Chandra

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Did you get a chance to look at the below document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5039632a-c398-2d10-0aaf-97167a3de...

Hope this clears your doubts

Regards,

Venkatesh

former_member186082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes, you are right.

Queued delta:

Once the document is posted, the data will be transferred to extraction queue (LBWQ) using V1 update-as soon as the document is posted, it will be reflected in LBWQ. Extraction queue comes to picture only in the case of queued delta. V3 collective run will move the data from here to Delta queue

Unserialised V3 update

After the document is posted, the data will be written to update tables using V3 update-not synchronous as V1. We go for this option when the data doesn't need to be 'exactly in order' (in which it was posted in OLTP). Then the data is read and processed by a collective update run.

Have a look at this blog too.

http://scn.sap.com/people/roberto.negro/blog/2005/01/19/logistic-cockpit-delta-mechanism--episode-th...

Regards

Chandu

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi chandu,

Helpful blog,but

How serialized delta is dependent of V2 update?I don't understand where it is in the LO flow.

And confirm me, any difference between V3 module call and V3 collective run in seriaized delta method?

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to this documents, i think it would be helpful

http://scn.sap.com/people/happy.tony/blog/2006/11/24/gist-of-lo-cockpit-delta

and for v1 and v2

• V1 Update – Synchronous Update
    • If you create/change a purchase order (me21n/me22n), when you press 'SAVE' and see a success message (PO.... changed..), the update to underlying tables EKKO/EKPO has happened (before you saw the message). This update was executed in the V1 work process.
  • V2 Update – Asynchronous Update

If you create/change a purchase order (me21n/me22n), when you press 'SAVE' it takes few seconds to update to underlying tables EKKO/EKPO depending on system load. This update was executed in the V2 work process.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have proper authorizations in ECC to check my self

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u miss this thread..

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1943469

Check helpful answers....

Regards,

Aravind.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Direct delta: Document posted(change/creation) delta data will be sent simultaneously(V1 update) to base tables and RSA7.When infopackage is triggered delta data will come to PSA from RSA7,Right? OR will the R3 system maintains data in any table before sending it to RSA7?

Queued delta: Document posted data will be sent to LBWQ and also base tables simultaneously(V1 update) and later from LBWQ to RSA7(V3 periodic job).When infopackage triggers delta data will come to PSA, Right?

Unserialised delta: Document posted data will be sent to SM13 and also base tables simultaneously(V1 update) and later from SM13 to RSA7(V3 periodic job).When infopackage triggers delta data will come to PSA, Right?

Spend few minutes...Just give reply, simply like Yes, No

Anand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Direct delta: Document posted(change/creation) delta data will be sent simultaneously(V1 update) to base tables and RSA7. When infopackage is triggered delta data will come to PSA from RSA7,Right? OR will the R3 system maintains data in any table before sending it to RSA7?

Yes,The extraction data is transferred with each document posting directly into the BW delta queue. Here each document posting with delta extraction is posted for exactly one LUW in the respective BW delta queues. It comes from RSA7 only.

Queued delta: Document posted data will be sent to LBWQ and also base tables simultaneously(V1 update) and later from LBWQ to RSA7(V3 periodic job).When infopackage triggers delta data will come to PSA, Right?

Yes,The extraction data from the concerned application is collected in an Extraction Queue. Then the data will be transferred to Delta queue, in a similar manner to the V3 update, with an update Collections run.

Unserialised delta: Document posted data will be sent to SM13 and also base tables simultaneously(V1 update) and later from SM13 to RSA7(V3 periodic job).When infopackage triggers delta data will come to PSA, Right?

No,The extraction data continues to be written to the update tables using a V3 update module and then is read and processed by a collective update run. Data is read in the update collective run without taking the sequence into account and then transferred to the BW delta queues.

Regards,

Aravind.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Aravind,

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Direct delta:

Here each document posting with delta extraction is posted for exactly one LUW in the respective BW delta queues..I didn't understand this line and

And what about maitaining data in any table before sending data to RSA7

Queued Delta:

You replied that data will be transferred from LBWQ to RSA7 in a similar manner to the V3 update, that means not V3 job?

Unserialised:

The extraction data continues to be written to the update tables using a V3 update module and then is read and processed by a collective update run.

Here, What is V3 update module and Collective update run?if these are different form one another then Can you tell me background job name for V3 update module? because for V3 periodic job (collective update run) background job name is LIS-BW*

Anand.

former_member210253
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Direct delta:

Here each document posting with delta extraction is posted for exactly one LUW in the respective BW delta queues..I didn't understand this line and

And what about maitaining data in any table before sending data to RSA7

LUW means logical unit of work. It contains some additional information of our record.

And there is no table to maintain the data before sending data to RSA7.Here Bw delta queue will maintain the data directly .But u should initialize the Infopackage before delta records posted.when u initialized your IP then only one entry will maintain in RSA7 for your Datasource to hold the delta records.

Queued Delta:

You replied that data will be transferred from LBWQ to RSA7 in a similar manner to the V3 update, that means not V3 job?

yes.V3 update,  means V3 job.Here our V3 job is used V3 update mode(batch) to update RSA7.

Unserialised:

The extraction data continues to be written to the update tables using a V3 update module and then is read and processed by a collective update run.

Here, What is V3 update module and Collective update run?if these are different form one another then Can you tell me background job name for V3 update module? because for V3 periodic job (collective update run) background job name is LIS-BW*

Here our collective update run is used V3 update mode(batch) to update RSA7.

Regards,

Babu.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind,

Queued delta:

Document posting ------?----->LBWQ-------V3----->RSA7.? How data comes to LBWQ?

Unserialised:

According to you, Doc. posting-----V3------>SM13---------V3----->RSA7. Is it?

For V3 periodic job from SM13 to RSA7, we need schedule in LBWE .Is it?

Then what about V3 periodic job upto SM13

Anand.

former_member210253
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Queued delta:

Document posting ------V1----->LBWQ-------V3----->RSA7.?

Data comes to LBWQ through V1 update(Synchronous), guaranties that serialization of data.

Unserialised:

According to you, Doc. posting-----V3------>SM13---------V3----->RSA7. Is it?

For V3 periodic job from SM13 to RSA7, we need schedule in LBWE .Is it?

Yes

Then what about V3 periodic job upto SM13 ?

Here it is V3 update mode, not periodic Job and we wont do anything for it. System automatically updates SM13 by V3 update mode(Asynchronous batch).So here no

guaranties that serialization of data.

SM13---------V3----->RSA7.Here V3 job is using V3 update mode to update RSA7.

Regards,

Babu.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thanks for the reply,

1. What is the difference between V3 update method and V3 periodic job?

Any other periodic jobs in BW related to data loading?

V1 update (Synchronous)

V2 Statistical Update (Asynchonous)

V3 collective update (Asynchronous with Background scheduling)

Kindly,give me simple difference between V2 and V3 updates.And where we are using V2 in LO delta load?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

V1 update: It is a time critical update used for updating the actual transaction tables.

V2 update: statistical update - asynchronous : It is a non-time critical update used for updating statistical tables related to the transaction tables.

V3 update: Asynchronous with background scheduling: v3 update is similar to v2 update.

The main diff is that v2 updates are always triggered by applications, while v3 update may be scheduled independently.

We don't use v2 update mode in lo extraction, v2 update mode is used to load the statistical tables that are used in abap reporting.

Regards,

Aravind.

former_member210724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Aravind,

We don't use v2 update mode in lo extraction, v2 update mode is used to load the statistical tables that are used in abap reporting.This is useful point for me in our whole discussion, if you are 100% sure.

How come these statisticals are usefull in data extraction(excuse me if it is basic question)

Could you please reply to my previous post which was replied by Mr. Babu.Because he came with a concept that V3 update method and V3 periodic job are different.

Anand.