Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer KB to QT in SAP Sales and Distribution

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

There is a requirement with my client .

Consignment fill up needs to be  referred to standard quotation, it means consignment fill up (KB) is always created with reference to  quotation ( QT) .

I never come across this kind of situation before. I have referred only  standard sales orders to quotation before,  Now I got the requirement like this.

I need to know whether it works  if I configure the process in IMG or it creates any potential problem ?   whether  I need to take extra caution before configuring business process in IMG?   

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are aware of the consignment process where in the first stage (fill-up), you just move the stock from unrestricted to a special stock.  Only in the second stage (issue), the inventory gets reduced and sales process happens.

This being the case, it is not, definitely, necessary to copy a quotation for this process.  Try to convince the client that maintaining copy control for unwanted process will affect the system performance as you need to extend all functional related configurations.

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions, it made me to  give more thought on this issue. I will keep in touch with you.  

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your business

Q1: do you have QT>OR?

If not then is this configured / setup in VTAA, please check this.

Q2: With reference to QT, what all sales document types are created?

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently , QT and OR are not used.

Thanks for your suggestions , I will keep in touch with you .

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please consider the below important point about pricing:

In quotation the discount is manually changed from 10% to 8%.

Discount of 10% is coming from the condition record and being populated in the QT document.

In CI consignment issue, this manual change (to 8%) would not be taken over (from the quotation); in standard SAP.

In other words, how would any manual changes in the QT document be taken over to the order of the consignment process (e.g. CI)?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it means consignment fill up (KB) is always created with reference to  quotation ( QT) .

1. for "always created with ref to QT":

Use field Reference Mandatory = B (With ref to quotation), in your Sales document type (CF), in VOV8

2. Pricing:

In QT pricing is Standard i.e. in a quotation you can see the pricing. But in CF, at item level, there is NO PRICING.

Business should be informed about this.

3. Availability check, Transfer of requirements:

3A. In standard SAP, for schedule line category related to QT which could be BN or BP; for BN there is no availability check and transfer of requirement. Therefore may be you have to choose BP.

Thus customer would be promised goods after availability check and TOR are done. As the next step would be CF (consignment fillup)

3B. Also do some end-to-end tests, to see inventory correctness. QT>CF>CI

I shall think more about this scenario, if there are some comments, I shall convey them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rusheek

As Bojja has said, I also dont't think we need to have a consignment fillup with reference to a Quotation as Consignment process is purely for the company's purpose.

If still the customer is insisting on it, then you can have a consignment fill up with reference to a Quotation. For that, you should maintain the Copy control in VTAA. Once you maintain VTAA, I don't think there is any potential problem in the process

Regards

Harish

former_member184509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply , however,  this is the business  requirement .

Could I seek  more ideas and suggestion on this issue pls ?

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

maintain the copy controls VTAA for QT to KB

then what are the requirement you can full fill , based on routines . all related settings you maintain,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rusheek

As mentioned in my previous thread, please maintain copy control in VTAA based on your requirement. please revert back if you have any queries.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

normal consignment process is you can use, once you can use for QT and this reference  create KB , it done , but what is the purpose , user side what expecting ,

this consignment not for direct sale , and also this sales not required to QT , any document also , customer also ask any thing, this is for company purpose sale ,

based on my knowledge QT not required ,