cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On action to call another webdynpro component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to click the onaction we have to call another webdynpro component.....

1.Below image is my first component.In the component i am creating the main view in the view there is one action button.If i click the action button it will navigate to 2nd component.

2.If i click the submit button.It will view the 2nd component main view...

Can u please tell me how to call another webdynpro component in onaction in step by step process..........

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

below document resolves your issue.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25702

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkata krishna,

Another one small doubt if i click the onaction it will navigate to that component.But my requirement is to view another component while selecting the tab.

1.Ex-if i select the request tab it will view request component main view..

2.This view should be display while selecting the request tab..

can u please tell where i have to write the code and say in step by step process.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu,

I think for u r requirement..

create viewcontroller under the tab.

in code menction like below.

If   SELECTED_TAB   =  'Request'.

then  create instance and call component...

endif.

Regards,

Venkat

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No code is required Prabhu,

just inser a ViewContainer UI element on specific TAB, then go to window, try to embed view, then automatically the view/window which is from another component will display, just select that.

now, whenever you click on that TAB, view/window of second component will be displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat & Chengalarayulu D,

Now the respective view is populating in respective tab.But the value is not populating in the respective view.

It should populate while clicking the onaction itself.

can u tell where i have to write the code in the onaction of the button else?

Explain in step by step process.Wheather u have any sample code please send me..

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then, you just create an action for TABSTRIP, onSelect action you can compare like Venkat said above,

if SELECTED_TAB = 'TAB1'.

*** do

elseif SELECTED_TAB = 'TAB2'.

*** do

endif.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chengalarayulu,

My requirement is while clicking on action itself the value should populate.Not while clicking on tab.....

so i need to write the code onaction of display button.............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

In onaction button it self  U write the code  mentioned above...

regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the onaction of display button we can't write the code.Because tab is using 2nd component.we can't get the selected tab in the 1st component.

1.My requirement is while click on display button.It will navigate to 2nd component and value should populate in the respective tab..But its not populating.........

we have to write the code in on action display button.Can u send what we have to write give some sample code..

In the onaction i am creating the instance and call component but its not working..............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat & Chengalarayulu D,

I am tried that but value is not populating in the tab.i am creating the instance and call component but its not working..............

Can u tell another way to achive this process...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

These values are static  or  dynamic(Depends on user action)......

If these values are static   then in com2  init() method  u have to generate ..... If it dynamic  you have to create interface node in comp2  u have to call that method in comp1 .

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

My values is dynamic.I am created the interface node for the four component.But where i have to create the method.In comp1 or comp2.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

u r calling comp2  in comp1  if yes then do below

create interface method in comp2  and call  the method in comp1(When ever u create instance of interface controller of comp2  at that u can call this interface method  and u can pass the parameters )

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

while clicking the action button i need to invisible the tab according to my condition..Wheather i have to create node if which component i have to create the node.tell the attribute type.......

can u explain in step by step process.........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chengalarayulu,

My requirement is slight change to click the onaction we have to call another webdynpro component in a popup..

1st component-zr3_requests2->Contain the action button..

2nd component-zwd_tabstrip.

which component i have to create the window and what view i have to embedded in that window.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu,

In 1st Component u have to create popup method ....   

-> create one window in comp1.. end embed  the view of comp2 into window...

then generate the code in action method  using codewizard  by mention the window name  in comp1...

regards,

venkat

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prabhu,

Directly you can populate window of component-2 as popup,

if you feel it is difficult, just create a view in component-1, insert viewcontainer UI element, and create one more window, then embed the new view, then embed the window/view of component-2 into that, then test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

While action button i face this error,

Syntax error in program /1BCWDY/06EI41WOIO5CTGZH3SAK==CP .

how to rectify the error...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu,

-> Right click on component->check->syntax......Click here and  it will show error   where it occurs...

then rectify it.

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

There is no syntax error while checking.But it cames while clicking the action button..........

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

This your senario,on a technical stand point.Go for External window concept in WDP.

Hope this will be useful .

Katrice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prabhu,

Pls fallow below link  it gives clear idea about your requirement...

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/WebDynproABAP/Reusability/demo3.htm

For component usages Refer below link:-

Regards,

Venkat