cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

an error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports Runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

I developed a .NET application (Windows) that uses Crystal Reports for .NET Runtime 4.0 and installed it on a customers server and it installed fine and worked. However, they also have an ERP program that uses Crystal Reports Runtime 2008 SP 3 for its internal crystal reports. I am no longer able to run these reports and I'm getting this error message.

"Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. "

I tried uninstalling both runtimes and my application and reinstalled the Crystal Reports 2008 SP 3 runtime and I'm still getting this error message. First, how do I fix this issue so that I can print from the ERP program which uses the 2008 SP3 runtime and could someone tell me why these two runtimes are not compatable together? Also, could you tell me how I can workaround this because this appliaction is for customers with the same configuration.

Server = Windows 2008 64 Bit

My Application = .NET 4.0 Framework with Crystal Reports Runtime for .NET 4.0 built for AnyCPU. This installed from an exe file.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok I was able to install both on a Windows 7 Professional machine and both work. Maybe this is a Windows Server/Crystal Runtime(s) issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone read these?