cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TM <> ERP Shipment Integration without PI - possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have successfully setup point-to-point (WS-RM) integration between SAP ERP and SAP TM for OTR and DTR integration, bypassing the need for SAP PI. This has been really nice since we don't need an extra set of servers/systems running and don't need PI knowledge to maintain the systems.

We are now at a point where we have to bring back Freight Orders as Shipments into SAP ERP (for WM integration purposes). Based on everything I've seen this can only be accomplished with SAP PI because you have to map a service on SAP TM side with IDOC on SAP ERP side (not another service).

Has anyone been able to setup shipment integration using WS-RM/point-to-point setup bypassing SAP PI?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I am trying to integrate SAP TM with ECC and I am stuck at the stage where we have to configure the managed system and connect it to central system in SOAMANAGER, Can you help regarding what all settings we have to do on ECC & TM in SOAMANAGER.

Regards,

Aunkur De

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aunkur,

we have faced many issues in WSRM configuration. we have rasied to SAP but there was no reply from them for more than a month. we have contacted SAP through our business team but they have said that apply latest patches in both ERP and TM then try to configure again.

Finally, we have aborted the idea of WSRM configuration. now we have implemented PI. PI configuration is very simple as all the steps have been provided in SAP document. I would suggest to go with PI system instead of WSRM.

If you still want WSRM, please check the SAP note 1978857 attachment for guide.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I have checked the SAP note 1978857 and trying to follow the steps but got stuck at the point in technical configuration related to service definitions, defining service provider and generating the connection between the systems. Any other guide apart from this note did you find for WSRM inetgration?

Did you come across any note with guide for all the steps related to integration through PI ?

Regards,

Aunkur De

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please open a new message

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Could you please let me know if any business functionalities need to be activated for WSRM configuration?

I though to follow the guide SAP Note WSRM Configuration guide 1978857, any guide or link there other than this note?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton

We are also trying set up the WSRM connect between SAP TM and ERP for DTR.

If you get a reply any help would be appreciated, as I am not a technical person.

Regards,

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anton,

We are also trying to set up WSRM connection between SAP TM and ERP for OTR and DTR integration.

Could you please help me by listing down some steps to do it.

Have already added the systems  in SOAMANAGER, dont know how to proceed further.

Regards,

Nitesh