cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII transaction to combine multiple pdf's from content server into one pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have pdf files of our engineering drawings on our content server.

I have a transaction that takes some user input and creates a nice list of all the urls to get at these pdf files.

I would like the transaction to combine all the individual pdf's into one multi-page pdf.

Using the pdf action blocks, I can create a nice multipage pdf with the text of the url on each page.

But I can't get the actual pdf's combined.

I tried using the image loader and setting the sourceURL to the content server url of the pdf, but I'm pretty certain the image loader only wants image type files.  (like .jpg)

Any ideas/links of how to accomplish this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't think of a creative way to merge the docs into a single PDF object using the standard functionality, but is it critical to have them in a single file, or could a web page with iframes be used to tile the documents for the user to look at, or even use the list and send the path to a single iframe on the page, making it like a document viewer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I single pdf would be nice since then the user could save it as one entity.  That way some users might choose to save paper and use the information electronically.

I had started doing what you suggest (except I'm using an object tag vs iframe). 

I was hesitant about going that route because I thought I would run into a situation where the user would be prompted to answer the adobe print dialog box for each object to print.  But I found out that wasn't the case.  I added a check box above each object so that the user can even choose to print only the objects they want.   So maybe that will work better.

Answers (0)