cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound ABAP Proxy error: RFC_DEST_QUEUE_COUPLING parameter does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

My Outbound abap proxy interfaces from SRM box stopped working.

All the executions has the following error message at SXI_MONITOR in SRM side (Outbound):

<SAP:Stack>Requested parameter RFC_DEST_QUEUE_COUPLING does not exist<SAP:Stack>

The messages doesn't reach PI system.

The interfaces were running smoothly until last week.

The runtime parameter RFC_DEST_QUEUE_COUPLING is not (and were not) configured at SXMB_ADM. So I really doesn't understand why this is been asked now.

In the "Configuration of Integration Engine" view (SXMB_ADM), I tried to add this parameter on it, but it doesn't even appear as a valid Parameter value for RUNTIME.

Inbound Messages at SRM side are running successfully. the problem occurs only with the Outbound ones.

Does anybody has any clue?

Thanks in advance,

Daniela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

Someone probably turned on queue coupling in your SRM system...

Goto SXMB_ADM --> "Configuration of Integration engine" in your SRM system, check for parameter called "RUNTIME" & "QUEUE_COUPLING". If this parameter is set to anything other than "0" (zero) then the SRM will look for an addition parameter called "RUNTIME" & "RFC_DEST_QUEUE_COUPLING" which the system doesn't find because you can't see it either in SXMB_ADM.

If this is the case for you, change the "RUNTIME" & "QUEUE_COUPLING" parameter to "0" and try re-starting the erroneous messages from SXMB_MONI on the SRM side & see if they route through to PI thereafter.

P.s. You might want to re-start the messages from SMQ2 to maintain consistency if they are EOIO...

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.

Trevor Naidoo wrote:Goto SXMB_ADM --> "Configuration of Integration engine" in your SRM system, check for parameter called "RUNTIME" & "QUEUE_COUPLING".

Parameter "RUNTIME" & "QUEUE_COUPLING" was not configured in SXMB_ADM.

I made two tests: First, I added this entry with value "0". The result was the same: error message at MONI and queue stopped at SMQ2 with error "XI Error CONFIGURATION_MSG.INTERNAL: Queue stopped".

Second, I switch the parameter value from 0 to 1, to see "what happens", result: no message at MONI and SMQ2 but the message didn't reach PI either and I couldn't find any log with the error. So I left the parameter as "0".

Trevor Naidoo wrote: P.s. You might want to re-start the messages from SMQ2 to maintain consistency if they are EOIO...
When I try to restart the messages from SMQ2 I get "XI restart in qRFC not allowed".

I am afraid basis team has changed something in SRM.

See my SXMB_ADM and SMQ2 screen shots.

Regards,

Daniela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

It's a bit difficult to pinpoint what changed but I would approach it as follows...

- leave the QUEUE_COUPLING parameter set to '0' (SXMB_ADM - SRM)

- add an additional parameter called "MONITOR" & "QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED" set to '1' like the second screenshot here (SXMB_ADM - SRM):

http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-aut...

- De-register, Re-register and activate all PI related queues (SXMB_ADM --> Queue Management)

- Check that your HTTP type RFC destination (HTTP_D1X) on SRM is fine with a connection test to PI (should get an HTTP response 500).

You could also tr re-setting the queue status (your SMQ2 screen shot) - this can sometimes lead to message duplication though.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue was solved.

The problem with RFC_DEST_QUEUE_COUPLING occured in sender SRM system because the paramenter QUEUE_COUPLING was added in PI.

I was double checking only SXMB_ADM in SRM system.

We removed the QUEUE_COUPLING parameter from PI and the outbound interfaces from SRM were executed successfully.

Thanks,

Daniela 

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/857145