Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving the Web Dynpro URL in Internet Explorer favorites

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have a webdynpro java UI screen which has a set of dropdowns and text boxes. We have a requirement where the user should be able to add the web dynpro URL to his browser favorites so that the next time the user opens the URL from his browser he can actually get his predefined selections (Populating the user selections can be accomplished using URL parameters). I am not sure if there is a way to save the URL in Internet Explorer favorites using web dynpro java.

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amolgupta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Kiran,

1). If you run your application from NWDS then you will get the WebDynpro URL in the URL area of the browser which you can bookmark like you regularly bookmark any other Web Content.

2). If you dont have access to application from NWDS you can get to run the application from your WAS homepage i.e. http://<IP>:<PORT> -> Web Dynpro Tools -> Content Administrator  -> Deployed Content -> Search for aplication - > Run -> note the URL bookmark it in the browser

3). In the Portal you have the option to -

- Add to Browser Favourites

- Add to Portal Favourites

at top right corner.

PS - I am using SAP EP 7.01.

Regards,

-Amol Gupta

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I appreciate your response. I think I will have to go with the 3rd case since I think the following is not possible.

The Web dynpro URL is running inside a portal and when the users clicks on Add to Favorites (preferably as a button n Web Dynpro) I need to save the URL by dynamically appending the URL parameters based on user selections to it.

Thanks,

Kiran

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

As per your explanation there is no meaning in adding the link there in browser favorates as it is a user specific url.

You are using this link inside portal.So you can use portal favorites option.If it didn't worked create some custom code to add this link to portal favorites.

For adding portal favorates you have to add this to 'userhome' folder.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

If am not wrong,

Can we use the browsers built in option for that?

Like if user wants he can add it to favorates. Or you are asking some thing other?

Regards,

Ram

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The Web dynpro URL is running inside a portal and when the users clicks on Add to Favorites (preferably as a button n Web Dynpro) I need to save the URL by dynamically appending the URL parameters based on user selections to it.

Thanks,

Kiran

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Web DYnpro Application running inside Portal or as a standalone app?

Sandip

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

The Web dynpro URL is running inside a portal and when the users clicks on Add to Favorites (preferably as a button n Web Dynpro) I need to save the URL by dynamically appending the URL parameters based on user selctions to it.

Thanks,

Kiran