cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM EHP1 upgrade has any dependency on SAP PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are on SAP PI 7.1 talking to SAP CRM 7.0. We are planning to upgrade CRM to EHP1. Do we have any dependency on SAP PI 7.1 for the current interfaces to run after the upgrade?

And also MDM 7.0 and CE 7.1 talking to CRM. Any thing to consider in those systems before upgrade to EHP1?

Thanks

mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

have a look at OSS note - 1043047 - Compatibility of XI/PI in the system landscape

it mentiones that PI should be the highest release in your landscape so you can keep that in mind (it can only touch ABAP proxies I believe but be aware of this note)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Michael. Any idea on BPM/BRM interacting with CRM using web service layer?

-mike

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> Any idea on BPM/BRM interacting with CRM using web service layer?

sorry but no idea on dependencies on those components for crm

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx. no issues

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

In addition to what Michal has eluded to, regarding Abap proxies...

If you are using SAP delivered standard enterprise services (which essentially ride on Abap proxies), the X/PI Content in the PI (or CE for that matter) ESR becomes very relevant. The version of the XI Content in the ESR that you're using must be coherent with the CRM version (right down to the SP level) that you're moving to.

In many cases there could be adjustments/additions/changes to the Enterprise Services that are shipped. Just be weary of the PI mappings between theses services (if used in your case). They will need to be re-factored/mapped to the newly versioned CRM enterprise service/s. A small mapping missed could result in a big impact in terms of business functionality on the CRM side.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any documentation  on what web services are impacted because we are using some out of the box web services and wanted to make sure if there is any change on that after EHP1

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I haven't seen any documentation like that that so I'm not really sure.

It's a tedious exercise and they way I would handle it it to import the new "XI Content" relevant for the upgraded version of CRM into the PI ESR (you'll then see a SWCV version step), adjust the SWCV version dependencies where necessary and then adjust all the mappings used in PI to point to the correct message type/s in the new CRM SWCV.

Regards, Trevor