cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS Heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,  Last week, incorrect forecast which is 10 times the normal levels was released from DP, the PPDS planning run (SAP_PP_002 heuristic) created high planned orders accordingly. Forecast was corrected and re-released, but there are still high volume planned order remaining in the system. This is causing the MRP for Raw materials to generate high purchase reqs in ECC. I was hoping PPDS heuristic will delete all planned orders that are not fixed and outside of the Planning time fence and re-plan based on the corrected forecast. Or does there need to be a seperate deletion job before every PPDS planning run. I am trying to understand how PPDS heuristic SAP_PP_002 heuristic works.   Thanks Tej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

Heuristic SAP_PP_002 is able to delete old unfixed planned orders that are outside of the Planning time fence, after that, the heuristic will replan according the requirements. Therefore, you don't  have to run a seperated deletion job before every PPDS planning run. To understand how SAP_PP_002 work, you can check the documentation in /n/SAPAPO/CDPSC11. If you also want to delete fixed PPDS planned order, you use report /SAPAPO/DELETE_PP_ORDER.

Claire

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tej,

Have you deleted the already released forecast before re-releasing it after correction? If not, there would be duplication of forecast release and system would have planned more number of receipts.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

During the forecast release, we dont use the ADD option in the MC90 variant, so i would think by design, any changes in forecast should overwrite the old forecast for that Prod/Loc in SNP right?

We should not need any deletion prior to release i guess. I thought the corrected forecast will overwrite the old bad forecast in SNP during the re-release.